Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
        Or get ready to give everything up

Especially if you have kids

Comment

I quoted myself three times for a reason

Comment

Engagement Ring Advice

If you have a Robbins Bro’s near you, you can’t go wrong with them. Customer service is unbeatable. Free cleaning for life. Any time my wife decides her ring isn’t sparkly enough, she swings by and lets them deep clean it. She probably does 4-5 cleanings a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by IkemanTX; 12-26-2019, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I bought one from Brian Gavin out of Houston. His prices were about the same as bluenile and James Allen

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                Well the times come where I’ve found myself looking at engagement rings. Wanted to get some recommendations on the a good spot to buy one in the Houston area. Ive got pictures of what she likes, thanks to my sister so I’m not totally lost. Thanks in advance!

Here is what I did. And you will get a lot of recommendations, however, I shopped around A LOT! Go to Hoffman Diamonds in Houston. He’s kinda down town on the 12th floor of a high rise and is a direct diamond dealer. He supplies diamonds to multiple jewelers all over. And the best part, he sells diamonds to consumers for the same price. Absolutely the best prices hands down. And has no shortage of diamonds in every cut and every size in ever clarity and every color. You know your budget, and he will show you any and everything you want to see in that budget. Plus, he has just about any setting you could imagine. Or he can make what ever setting you’d want. I promise, you will be happy and you won’t get a better price. My wife’s uncle owned a jewelry store and was a jeweler when I proposed and he wasn’t able to match the price. He was very close, but still couldn’t get that low Bc of what he was paying for the diamonds.
                My wife’s ring is a hearts and arrows round solitaire set on a six prong band with diamonds. It’s triple excellent certified through the GIA and laser serial coded. It’s the same diamond and setting sold at Tiffanies. I paid HALF!!! of what it sells for in Tiffanies and to back it up, it appraises for double of what I paid for it. Only catch is they don’t finance. So you either buy it on a credit card or pay cash. Also, forget any kind of haggling. His price he gives you is it. There is no wiggling or anything Bc it’s already well below everyone else. Including anything you find online. Remember, I shopped, A LOT! Feel free to pm me any questions you have.

Comment

Also, last piece of advice, ignore the haters with the don’t comments or run or be prepared for blah blah. I truly couldn’t be happier. My wife amazes me constantly and goes well above and beyond for me and my family. And her family is just as amazing as her. If your girlfriend meets all of your requirements and you 100 percent know that she will make life better in every facet, then buy her the ring you want her to have and marry her! Just be sure to never get to busy for one another and always remember to live life! Have fun! And don’t ever stop dating her! My wife and I are best friends and hunting buddies and I’d never trade one day of hunting with her for a week with any of my buddies if it really came down to it.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys! Looks like I have some shopping around to do.

Comment

Lake McGuire. Do a quick search on here for him. I looked for a long time at diamonds and working with him was very easy. Got a 1.7 carat diamond for a price that was un beatable by any jewelry stores.

Comment

Ron White: Diamonds...that’ll shut her up...for a minute

I used Blue Nile 15yrs ago, and it was all legit and up front. The stone appraised for a little over 2x what I paid. The thing I liked about online shopping is that you can compare many different stones all at once and pick the one that matches your preferences best. And none of that “ooh la la” crap they try to sell you in the store.

If they ask what you do for work, tell them you’re an engineer. They’ll quit bul****ting you with 3 different salesmen, give you an inventory list and leave you alone to compare numbers for an hour, LOL.

Comment

Get the biggest one you can possibly afford. I went with a wholesale diamond broker out of NY that a few friend had used. I sent him a pic of what she wanted and he sent me back option A thru E (E being the biggest and most expensive) I went with E and it sucked to spend that kind of money but you only have to do it once. She comes home several times a week telling me about some new compliment she got and it was worth every penny.

Comment

Also get ready for the entire thing to make you feel like you got a deal when in reality you didnt. It will go something like this with just about all of them.

Spends 10K
                            Appraises for 20K
                            KICKER: If you were to realistically sell it the day you received it he could probably get 5K for it. Those ratios should remain pretty good for most of em as long as you stay away from the big box retailers.

Comment

Clearcreek is right. I would also add that all diamonds have serial numbers. You can buy one right out of the ground "new", or a "used" one that has been in circulation for a while. I went with a used one.

Comment

Sergio @ Jonathan's
                                Did an exceptional job on the one I had him make. Gave him an idea of what I wanted and it turned out great. Price, customer service and on a short turn around was exceptional

Comment

Working...
                                X