Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast with pepperoni in crockpot

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    does the aforementioned recipe (with NO water) create enough juice or gravy ?

is it OK to add maybe 4 ozs. (1/2 cup) or water ?

I've never cooked anything in the crockpot without adding water to make a gravy.

I'll stuff the roast with garlic and brown it first, then follow directions

I poured about 1/2 of the pepperoncini juice from the jar in with the roast. It had plenty of juice by doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
      How much flavor/spice do the pepperoncinis add? Is it worth making with few or no peppers? I want to make this bad, but my wife can’t handle peppers.

I bought the whole peppers and not the slices. I put 5 peppers in, wish I had done the whole jar since they were awesome, and about 1/2 of the juice. It’s not spicy, but gives it a slight tang from the pickling liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
        I was originally worried about this also but it made plenty.

Good to know. I hadn’t tried this recipe yet, only took the screen shot.

Comment

I did the recipe with substitution. Added one onion and some minced garlic. I replaced the peppers with a cup and a half of frozen chile.

I'm gonna use the meat for burritos as it shredded right up with a fork.

Comment

My wife makes this and it is outstanding. If we have leftovers, she will make sliders that she bakes in the oven later in the week and they are very good also!

Comment

I showed my wife this recipe and she started it going this morning. By far the best roast I've ever had!!
              Also had some sister Schuberts rolls which was icing on the cake!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

We have been doing this for years good stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is also a recipe for this in the Instant Pot. I found it on the web.
                  I did one last week and it was a hit.

Comment

This sounds so good. Brought it up to my SIL and she’s been making this for over 30 years, calls it Mississippi Mud. I’ve never heard of it before but will be making some soon

Comment

Working...
                    X