No announcement yet.

Roast with pepperoni in crockpot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the most amazing pot roast recipe ever. You can cook venison, beef, pork or chicken with this recipe and it's amazing. I processed a doe last night and made 8 roasts adding the ingredients to the VAC bag including the butter so that we could just dump it in a Crock-Pot and go. After you eat all the contents, you can add a pound of beans and a little water on top and make beans with the leftover juice for next day's dining. With a couple hours left in the cooking process, we add sweet potatoes. This is an absolute favorite in our family.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Called Mississippi roast I believe

Comment

Tagged for use later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Trying this tonight with a beef roast. Only difference is I speared the roast with garlic like I normally do, and added some onions to the crock pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one going at 11:30 this morning. Looking forward to it ..

Comment

Love this recipe. It smells amazing, and I love the pepperoncini!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw your post. I posted it a few weeks ago

Comment

This is without a doubt one of the best tasting roast I’ve made. I’m going to play with the recipe a little. I generally sear the roast first, which I didn’t do this time.

Comment

Yep. Mississippi Roast. Love it!!!

Comment

New to the forum guys, glad to be here. I’m from Mississippi and never heard of this one. I’ve got some venison hind roasts I’ll definitely be trying this on.

Comment

How much flavor/spice do the pepperoncinis add? Is it worth making with few or no peppers? I want to make this bad, but my wife can’t handle peppers.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                          How much flavor/spice do the pepperoncinis add? Is it worth making with few or no peppers? I want to make this bad, but my wife can’t handle peppers.
                          It’s not spicy at all, I usually add way more than what the recipe calls for and a good bit of the juice and it’s still not hot, just good flavor.

Comment

does the aforementioned recipe (with NO water) create enough juice or gravy ?

is it OK to add maybe 4 ozs. (1/2 cup) or water ?

I've never cooked anything in the crockpot without adding water to make a gravy.

I'll stuff the roast with garlic and brown it first, then follow directions

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

I've never cooked anything in the crockpot without adding water to make a gravy.

Was thinking this also. Never cooked in the crock pot without adding a little water or liquid of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

I was originally worried about this also but it made plenty.

Comment

Working...
                                X