Sarrels or a Bob Lee dilemma..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarrels or a Bob Lee dilemma..

So I’m in the market for a new bow this year. I shot my buddy’s new Sarrels SR Blueridge and was blown away. I’ve never been a fan of longbows until I shot this one. I have been eyeing the Bob Lee hardcore and am a fan of traditional recurves. I’m thinking of visiting both locations and testing out both models. Anyone have or test either one for comparison? 28” #47 is what I’m shooting for. I’ve never shot a Bob Lee but from what everyone says, they’re awesome. If anyone has a used RH Blueridge or a RH Bob Lee, I’m interested as well.

I’ve shot both. Both are great! Your plan is the correct one to follow. Go shoot both and see which fits you best. That’s the one to buy!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Which ever you get...Im sure itll be awesome and youll slay some tasty critters.

Ive got a 58@28 Blueridge SR and Ive been thinking of getting some 45# limbs. Bob said he just needed to have the riser to make the custom limbs match the riser.

Good luck Mr Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        I’ve shot both. Both are great! Your plan is the correct one to follow. Go shoot both and see which fits you best. That’s the one to buy!!!

Bisch

I figured you’d shot em both or owned em both. Think next month I’ll do a road trip and give em both a test drive. I hate buying a bow that I’ve never shot before.

Comment

I'm no help in making your decision - I have both and love them equally! Sarrells Blueridge SR and a Bob Lee "Heavyweight" recurve - both 50#@28"

Comment

Owned and shot both and can’t say anything bad about either. I prefer a recurve so I’ve always ended back up with my Bob Lees. Going and shooting them is your best bet to find the right one for you. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can't go wrong with either of those bows.

Comment

My vote is a Sarrels. That's my first love and my 2 cents. The smart thing is what everybody already said shoot them both. It's so far to travel for me.

Comment

I have never shot a Sarrels, but have owned 2 Bob Lee’s. 19” exotic and a 17” Hardcore. I prefer the lighter 17” hardcore myself and love it. Very smooth and great craftsmanship. I am sure the sarrels is as well and it sounds like a different bow. I think you should get one of each! I’ll include a picture of the ole hardcore.

Comment

Grip is the only thing that sets them apart. Both perform and both look great. If you feel more comfortable with a higher wrist grip you will like Bob Lee better. I feel like my shot is more repeatable with a deeper grip so I shoot a Bob Lee for most my huntin. All that said I think Bob Sarrels will accommodate you with any grip you prefer. Also both are outstanding to deal with.

Comment

I was texting Bob the other evening and I’m planning on going to both shops in March after it warms up. I just got power back on today and have been enjoying normal life again. I’m really looking forward shooting both.

I’m favoring the Sarrels Blueridge just cause I know how it shoots and it’s amazing. I was consistently grouping 6” groups center mass at 20 yards with the Blueridge which is good for me. The Bob Lee hardcore is beautiful and I’m a recurve guy, never been into longbows until I shot the Blueridge. Either way, someone’s taking my money I’m sure. Thanks for the input. That hardcore is a beautiful bow there! Ya got good taste sir.

Comment

Bob Lee is made in Jaclsonville tx last I knew ..thats why it would be my choice

Comment

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                            Bob Lee is made in Jaclsonville tx last I knew ..thats why it would be my choice

Sarrels are made in Manchaca, Tx.......that’s why it would be my choice

They are both very reputable Texas bowyers. Like said above, your choice should be made after trying each one and seeing which you like the best.

Bisch

Comment

I've owned both. I don't think that you can go wrong with either one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X