No announcement yet.

La-z-boy recliner, yay or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Lazy Boy BIG man recliner my ex bought me after a hip replacement in '09. It's still the MOST comfortable recliner I've ever had. This one has the leg/foot part you can push with your feet and adds about 6" extension. I'm tall so it's great for me. Also has extended head rest, nothing worse than my neck with no support.

BEST thing is my GF is 5'5" so it's TOO big for her to sit in comfortably. Many times quality is not always dictated by price, but at least for me and recliners...you want one that will last for many years. Never owned a Lane so no comparison I can give.

Comment

We got two recliners from rooms to go a few weeks ago. I like them, but after an hour or so, my back starts to hurt when reclined. I think it gets tired having to push on it to recline it...maybe I can adjust that?
      Last edited by sethcros; 04-29-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I love my lazy boy. it's the big boy chair.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
          I love my lazy boy. it's the big boy chair.
          Me too...going on twenty years, still use it daily and still looks good...

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            Been looking at these, and boy has the price gone up on them. Seems like every time I finally get money set aside after bills and car repairs and vacations the dang price has gone up another $100.

I know they are pretty well made, but before I go dropping 700-1000 on a recliner is there any other brand yall recommend checking out? Also considering getting a sectional with the recliner built in.
            Homall leather recliner is a great recliner chair. I personally using this recliner chair from last few months. It's an extremely comfortable chair for reading, sleeping, and working.

Comment

I paid $700 for my lazy boy seven years ago. Worth every penny. What sold me is that if something breaks on the mechanics of the chair, (basically anything that’s not the foam/upholstery, etc) it’s lifetime warranty, bring it in and they’ll fix it.

Comment

I got one for Father’s Day and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought an Ashely Santa Fe recliner a few years back. It was a darn good recliner! But you definitely get what you pay for. The quality of the 'leather' was definitely sub-par and it only lasted a few years before it started turning to crud. Slapped a cover on it for a few more years, but I finally was convinced to give it up. I'm on the look out as well, but the new lazy boys are pricey! I've seen some great deals on craigslist, but not sure I want to buy a used one.

Comment

Glad I opened this thread! My bride is talking about new furniture in the family room and has mentioned recliner(s)... Guess I'll focus on Lazy-boy from the reviews here... A while back that big outlet store in Houston The Dump had a huge recliner clearance... started to go and look. don't know what brands, but I'll watch for something like that for a while too...

Likely though to see Mac and get something there...

Comment

I have a nice leather recliner, don't know what brand it is. $25.00 at a garage sale, been using it for 3 years now. Best recliner I've ever owned

Comment

Ashley Furniture has nice chairs. Also, see if you have an Ashley clearance center or warehouse in the area. They have great deals.

Comment

I bought two off the floor of a mom and pop shop 9 years ago for $300 each, best money on furniture I’ve ever spent!!

Comment

I need to adjust my LZBoy as stated above. It’s like a friggin roller coaster if you lean back in it.

I never sit in it..

Comment

$700-$1000? Mine was a lot more than that. Better jump on it.
                              Maybe because mine are electric and leather?

Comment

Had two lazy boys they were in my parents house before I was born and we got rid of those and replaced it with the big man lazy boy about 8-10 years ago and still going strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X