Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought LSU beating Florida was a quality win till I watched Florida play! We’re terrible and they’re terribler!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Texas is a 30 point favorite.

Vegas is trying to bring me out of gambling retirement.
      If Texas wins, and I'm not sure they will, they will definitely NOT cover. Take the points and bet the house, Texas 21-20 if and only if the Texas QB has a good game, which is doubtful.

Comment

Tying over from other thread asking about McGuire

Looking at a great recruiter and very well known & respected name in the TX HS football ranks as well as college. He has the potential to be a great hire if he can get a good staff together and hit the ground running. Kirby is opening up the checkbook for one of the larger assistant coach budgets for Big 12 so should be some quality coaches headed to LBK with him. Lack of college HC experience is always a concern but he traveled thru the college ranks quick, Associate Head Coach at BU, and it was a matter of time before he was a college HC. Players love him and love playing for him. Lots of rumors put him in line at BU if Aranda got scooped by another program. I like it and hope his energy can get Tech out of this 10 year funk they've been stuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Cross posted from the end of last thread about the McGurie hire at Texas Tech.

It’s out there now so can talk. Joey McGuire.

This is a fantastic hire. He’s a Mack Brown type CEO so his staff is going to be important, but he knows that, Tech knows that. Lubbock is a challenging place to recruit to, but Joey is the guy to get it done. You won’t find a more well liked, respected coach by the high school coaches around the state. I think he’s going to build a program at Tech that the fans and alumni will be very proud of. So fired up for my Red Raider wife. She worked with Joey through his run at Cedar Hill.

I already have Red and Black gear coming my way by her. I promised if he got the gig so….

Here’s a great article to what high school coaches think about him. He will be welcomed with open arms in every coaching office in the state.

https://texastech.rivals.com/news/te...-at-texas-tech
          Agree on McGuire, I think he's a great hire for Tech and I bet he transitions well to being a college head coach but I confess I thought the same for Chad Morris....

Cool thing for him and Traylor is they are both still eligible to participate in the Texas teachers retirement system by working at state universities, huge benefit down the road for those guys. If they left their teacher retirement alone when they left high school jobs they'll be looking at a very nice pension when they retire.

Comment

And unlike the last hire, always a plus when your billionaire ex player/alum/donor is on board.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Fmjag64; 11-08-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

4 Star Melin Ohrstrom has changed 2023 to 2022 with the Ags

Comment

Hook'em Horns! This has been a tougher than expected first year for Sark. Please beat Kansas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                  And unlike the last hire, always a plus when your billionaire ex player/alum/donor is on board.
                  This is a big endorsement. I am glad he is on board with his support.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                    4 Star Melin Ohrstrom has changed 2023 to 2022 with the Ags
                    The official announcement, in whatever the heck language that is.

Jimbo owns Sweden
                    Last edited by flatlander; 11-08-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Nebraska is committed to continued mediocrity.

"Statement from @TrevAlberts & @coach_frost. https://t.co/zrM52u7Equ" via Nebraska Huskers on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                        The official announcement, in whatever the heck language that is.

Jimbo owns Sweden
                        lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                          Nebraska is committed to continued mediocrity.

"Statement from @TrevAlberts & @coach_frost. https://t.co/zrM52u7Equ" via Nebraska Huskers on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          If Frost can't do it who can?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw a tweet that said bijan will sit out the remainder of the season. Any truth,

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              If Frost can't do it who can?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              My exact thoughts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                                Just saw a tweet that said bijan will sit out the remainder of the season. Any truth,
                                Fake Twitter account.

Comment

Working...
                                X