Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman NWR Hunt Segment B - November 19-21, 2021, Opening Thread

Note- Not Official or Associated with Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge

I’m looking forward to the hunt, nothing better than an Hagerman hunt.

In 2020, the staff used a GroupMe PC/mobile application to facilitate the check in/check out process. It actually worked well, except it turned into a chat session and overwhelmed the staff.

I’m proposing to utilize GroupMe for the Seg B hunt for unofficial purposes (not associated with Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge). This will be broadcasted to all hunters rather than trying to find cell numbers or manipulating pages of a TBH thread. This is basically a way for us hunters to communicate with each other during the hunt (a little like a virtual campfire). To participate in the GroupMe chat, you will need to provide the following:
    App loaded on your device
    PM me a Cell number, email address and Nickname/name
    I’ll have handouts available during check in for non-TBH members

I’m not a help-desk, after mid-afternoon on Thursday I will not be available to assist, I have a hunt. I'd request all TBHrs have their information to me by Sunday 14 November.

Rules:
    If you aren’t a hunter in Seg B, do not sign up, if the numbers are in question, I’ll shut the group down.
    I’m not going to moderate, I’m there to hunt! If someone is available to moderate, let me know.
    If you wouldn’t say it in church, don’t post it
    This will not replace updates to TBH, it will be a place for non-social media information.
    I will cease to add/modify users mid-afternoon 18 November, better get in early.
    If you don’t want it copied and posted elsewhere- don’t post it (location, pics, etc)
    I will make available flyers that will be handed out Thursday during check in with what information I need to enroll.
    Again, mid-afternoon on Thursday I will convert from enroller, to the hunter.
    The app will be locked and unavailable Monday 22 November.

My thoughts on what will be acceptable:
    Anyone lose a glove?
    Look alive, just had 3 stroll through
    Need some help tracking
    Anyone have a cart
    Durn e-bikes
    Who has a blue cooler
    Weather doesn’t look good this afternoon, tomorrow is better

My thoughts on what will NOT be acceptable
    Anything sexual, racial, etc
    Any issues with the Hagerman staff, check in, antlerless incentive, 13”, etc
    Complaints with another hunter, parking, stand location

Looking forward to the HUNT!

Thanks for organizing. Sent you my info.

I’m planning to go scout this weekend. Coming from Austin and it’s my first trip to Hagerman . Are there trees straight enough for a climber or should I plan on sticks + lock-on stand? I guess I’ll find out when I scout but curious if others have experience.
    Last edited by PaulH84; 10-20-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Hagerman NWR Hunt Segment B - November 19-21, 2021, Opening Thread

Thanks for organizing Doug, great idea!

Paul, there maybe a few trees that you could use a climber but they are few and far between from what I have seen. Sticks + stand or ground blind is way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Less than a month out!

Comment

Doug: you mean "awesome ebikes"

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH84 View Post

I’m planning to go scout this weekend. Coming from Austin and it’s my first trip to Hagerman . Are there trees straight enough for a climber or should I plan on sticks + lock-on stand? I guess I’ll find out when I scout but curious if others have experience.
            There are plenty of trees straight enough for a climber. Although I am officially retired from climbers.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH84 View Post

PM sent

Comment

I have a PM from CodyPatt1 and CrossTimbers, Paul- none from you, you may not have enough posts to send a PM yet. I'll PM you my cell and we can exchange information.

I'd like to try a test this weekend, just to ensure my requested info is correct. Validate you have the app loaded on your device.

Comment

Grayson, I have a regular bike and climber I'll loan you?

Any desire to be a moderator for Seg B?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    Doug: you mean "awesome ebikes"
                    The only way to go! Get to the stand without being drenched in sweat…

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      Grayson, I have a regular bike and climber I'll loan you?

Any desire to be a moderator for Seg B?

I’m in Seg C but I can moderate.
                      Keep your caveman bike and climber. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Have a few hunters added, looks like it will work, and I only need a PM , Cell number, and Nickname/name, of course you will need the app loaded on your device.

Only 25 days!

Comment

PM Sent. Thank you

Comment

Seminole 1990 added!

Comment

Get in on the GroupMe ahead of time (if you want to), I'll cease to be a helpdesk mid afternoon Thursday 18 November.

Comment

Working...
                              X