Lost my Grandparents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my Grandparents

Past couple of days have been very tough. I received a call last Thursday that there was a tragic fire at my grandparents farm house in Missouri & neither of them made it out.

These two taught me everything I know about the woods & even more about life. I've hunted with them every season for the past twenty years. It wasn't always about the hunt, but rather the stories around the camp fire with a cold Dr. Pepper, that eventually graduated to a cold Budweiser once I was 18.

Every time I'd leave South Texas during deer season I would call my grandfather to go over the weekend & discuss what lessons could be learned. The depth of knowledge he passed onto me is unparalleled & I'm forever grateful to have had such wonderful people show me the outdoors.

It will be tough to see the house, as I've been told there's nothing left except the chimney. Though not the memories, all the mounts, antlers, photos & guns are gone. If anyone hears of a Savage Model 99 .308 that's for sale, please let me know.

I posted a link below to the report of the 8 point I shot up there last year & also attached a photo of my grandfather & I with that mount just 7 weeks ago.

I'll miss them dearly.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=790993
    Attached Files

Oh man. This is horrible. Vibes to you. So sorry.

Comment

That is terrible. Condolences.

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

Bless you

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. Prayers going up for you and all the family.

Comment

God Bless and prayers sent!!

Comment

Man that’s terrible, so sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories, will keep you in our prayers.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to your and your family.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your family

Comment

God bless you sir and your family.

Comment

Cherish the memories. I still sometimes feel like my grandpa is still right there with me. Prayers for you and your family.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh Man, sorry to hear that! Prayers up for y’all.

Comment

Prayers sent, so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. Be grateful (which I know you are) for your experiences and prayers up for your family.

Comment

Working...
                              X