No announcement yet.

It’s My Turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have twin 2 year old boys and a 5 yo boy. Enjoy there newness and excitement. It is short lived. My house is utter complete chaos 24/7. Actually I think it’s the hardest thing of my life to wrangle these little ones and keep them from destroying property and or seriously harming themselves and each other. I hope for your sake you have family close by ready to help. They’re expensive little things too. Really expensive.

But totally worth every minute. Can’t wait till I’m dropping everybody off at their own blind one day. And picking up to hear all the stories. It’s good stuff bud. Congrats.

Comment

Big congratulations on God's great blessings!

Comment

Congratulations to you both! Don't ever panic and pray a lot.

Comment

Congrats! I'm a twin, and my ex and I also have twins, although they're both grown now. I've even got twin grandsons......twins run in our family.
          If they are your first children, you won't know any different other than to just do, what needs to be done. If you already have a child, then just the thought of having to do everything twice, can be overwhelming. Just hang in there and enjoy as many moments as you can, watching them grow and learn. Twins are cool !!

Comment

Congrats brother

Comment

Awesome! Miracles happen everyday……….congrats and G-d bless

Comment

Congrats and I will put money on you being a great Dad. Twins.....................wow, that will make you pucker up a tad.........

Prayers for a smooth next few months.

Rwc

Comment

No bigger blessing than a child! Congrats Jake and dont worry it will all fall into place and just when you think you can't take anymore they smile. Makes it all worth while. My little boy is my world and feel blessed every day to have him.

Comment

Patience. Consistency. Relentlessness. These are things I think have helped my wife and I raise what we believe are two fine young men. Patience when I know they are learning and trying to navigate this crazy world they are growing up in. Consistency in how I approach teaching moments, lessons, and discipline. If you can't be consistent in these things and are constantly changing your stance/position, you lack credibility in their eyes. I am also relentless. When I make a point and I don't think they've learned their lesson, I make absolutely sure I stay on 'em until I feel they have. I love my sons and sometimes I'm hard on them. But, I know(just like I do now), that they will always look back and know it was all because of how much I love them and want to make sure they grew up to be stand-up, respectful and successful adults. And one other MAJOR thing I've learned is this...

When I knew it was time to raise a family, I thought to myself my wife and I have to be exactly the same in how we raise our children. I was wrong. My wife is the nurturing, soft spoken, kind one. I'm the stern, grumpy, loud one. And that's okay. Despite those differences, they have both learned the same lessons from the both of us. Just in slightly different ways.

Good luck, congratulations and get ready for the ride!

Comment

Congrats to both of you

Comment

Congrats! We just had our first a month ago. Putting her on a schedule has helped tremendously, average 4-5 hours a night of solid sleep now

Taking cara babies is what we are watching, also if doing formula get a baby breza it’s a game changer

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                          patience grasshopper, that is what you seek.
                          Great advice

Comment

Congratulations! Don't sweat the small stuff and be grateful everyday because before you know it they'll be grown and you'll miss your little kids.

Comment

Congrats! My advice would be two-fold. First, it's no longer about you. We guys are often bad about putting ourselves first. I know I was. Momma and those babies come first with all of your resources, especially time. Second, when they get a little older be sure to know the difference between willful disobedience and kids just being themselves. The first needs some correction and the second are just oh-well moments. Games changer for sure, but the best kind ever!

Comment

Congrats!

You're about to be paying for your raising.

Comment

Working...
                                X