No announcement yet.

Things your non-hunting spouse says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife hunts more than I do. With some of these comments I don't see how some of you guys do it. My EX wife didn't hunt or understand why I enjoyed it.

Comment

She coined the term “widow food” for our entire family.

What weekend are you going hunting? This weekend? Ok… when you go to the grocery store for supplies I need to add my “widow food” for the three days to the list.

“Catch us some deer jerky!”

This is a play off the catch a deer folks use. She loves deer jerky and she used the “catch a deer” mentioned above, very, very early in our relationship almost 25 years ago. She knows the difference now but we still joke about it today. She says “Catch us some deer jerky” as we say our good-byes before I head out.

Comment

Can’t give kids too much grief over believing in Santa. There’s still adults out there that think you “harvest” deer.

Comment

I get to the ranch and she calls. Says “ you go off every weekend and the TV quit working”. I say, “what do you want me to do “? She says, “ come home and fix it”.

Comment

She says hey we got 4 kids under the age of 5.

Comment

“You already got a deer, why are you still going?”

Comment

Been married 25 yrs, got married at 31. Our deal was that I give up my single life, but I get to keep going to happy hour with the guys, gambling and hunting. Well, a house about 30 miles from the office and kids took care of the happy hours and gambling. I tell her that all I go left is hunting out of our deal!! Then she hit me with "I didn't realize you hunted as much as you do though!!"

Comment

Funny story. My brother shot a nice 8 PT and had told everyone how big it was. It was nice nothing to get all excited about 120-125 inch deer. He always has ground shrinkage on his bucks as he gets excited about deer hunting. We got to his house he had texted his wife about how big the deer was and we were headed home. We pull into the driveway and are standing around the truck looking at the “big” eight point. His wife comes out of the house and walks up to the truck with the tailgate down as we are looking at the deer. She looks and he says “what do you think about him” She looks up and says “ he’s kind of rinkydink” I nearly feel down I was laughing so hard. My brother just hung his head.

Now when when hunt and someone kills a buck. The fist thing everyone ask is he a “rinkydink” or a good one!
                  Last edited by Killer; 12-31-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Mine just all about da food. "We got our sausage meat?" Yea boo we got dat. "What about our hamburger meat" Got dat too babe. "I want some jerky" Dang I gotta kill another 1

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and my 16yo: "We're off to shoot something in the face"
                      Her: "Something is wrong with y'all, but good luck"

Comment

Me after a successful hog hunt: "Sweetheart, we are almost out of 55 gallon contractor trash bags."
                        Wife: "Ok honey, I'll put body bags on the shopping list."

Comment

Here’s her go-to—We been married 42 years now, when you gonna quit asking me to try one bite of your deer meat, I’ve told you over and over, I don’t like it. I always say well you’ve never tried it, how do you know you don’t like it? Her reply always is, I just don’t, now quit asking me. A week later I ask her again…….

Comment

When I kill a deer, she tells everyone I "caught" one.

Comment

She joined the club 6 years ago so now mostly apologizes for all the stupid things she thought and said previously. My fave, is when growing frustrated my quest to chase an elk on a budget...

* "Why don't you just spend some real money, so you can shoot one, then quit".

like i am going to quit!

My favorite was:

* "We don't need any more shoulder mounts in our family/house".

This was pre Kendra hunting. When she shot her first deer (10 point and archery at that) in 2013 , while I was cleaning she and pops were watching. As I cut off hide, pops asked what you going to do with her horns, she responded before I could (too late hide cut as I was already planning euro) "WE ARE GETTING IT SHOULDER MOUNTED". Without missing a beat, I reminder her no more shoulder mounts in our family per her own words....

Two euros later, I am shoulder mounting this years buck she killed (larger than first)!

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

"Jenn's husband just killed a 17 point with his bow. He just started hunting last year and I'm pretty sure he sits down to pee. How is he such a better hunter than you?"

Comment

Working...
                                X