Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Texas Illegal’s are out of control.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Nice of you to keep it mowed and manicured for their travels

I wonder how many hunters are going to give up hunting the areas flooded with illegals if this continues.
    Just going to change their targets

Comment

Man OP, that is rough. I grew up deer hunting in Wisconsin, where if you saw someone on your property, you kindly let them know they were on private property, and they usually say they were lost, so you help them get back to their truck.

Having to have defenses up all the time would be brutal. I hunted by myself at 12. I can't imagine putting a 12 yo in a stand alone down here. That's really a sad state of affairs.

But your sendero looks great!

Comment

Definitely has potential to turn into a real bad situation. Great Sendero.

Comment

Got my first pic of illegals on camera yesterday morning at 5am. We're in a spot we shouldn't get any traffic. After a few phone calls it was confirmed nearby bailout.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I would have taken a picture of the backpacks that filled up the bed of my sxs but I didn’t.

You can see all the trash that I don’t grab before we mowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Having to have defenses up all the time would be brutal. I hunted by myself at 12. I can't imagine putting a 12 yo in a stand alone down here. That's really a sad state of affairs.
              Yep. One of the major reasons we sold our place in Uvalde this year and moved on. If my kids and nieces can't ride around or sit in a deer blind alone there is no point in having the place. We got extremely lucky to be able to upgrade all around but it is a major issue.

I still talk to my old neighbor regularly and they haven't seen anything deer wise this year due to illegal traffic. TC's are full of illegals and there are well beaten paths they use thru our old place and his. In the 20 previous years I had maybe 10 total pics with illegals in them. It literally makes me sick as I raised my kids on our place and Racist Joe and the like have ruined it!!

Comment

dang, that's a fine looking sendero!!

Comment

Nope

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  Yep,

My son in law manages a ranch at Catarina and he is fixing the high fences every day. The gate guard called him the other day and said illegals were banging on the guard house wanting "help". He called the SO and neither the BP or SO showed up. He went down there and confronted them, never getting out of the truck. One spoke perfect English and kept asking for him to take them to SA. He told them he wasn't takin them anywhere an to get the hell off the property. A couple of them started moving for the truck and he hung his left arm and pistol out the window. They backed off saying they didn't want any trouble and they all scattered after that.

My step daughter is pregnant and drives right by a "staging area" on their ranch similar to what the OP has described.

I told my son in law the next time they call the SO to tell them that he has them all at gun point. I bet someone shows up then!
                  Nope just tell him to bring a bunch of body bags.

Comment

Was at our place in Val Verde county this weekend. It rained one of the nights and the next morning there were tracks all by one of my stands. Also found a couple of “retread” soles made out of tire rubber.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                      dang, that's a fine looking sendero!!

Lots of work goes into keeping them looking that way lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        Man OP, that is rough. I grew up deer hunting in Wisconsin, where if you saw someone on your property, you kindly let them know they were on private property, and they usually say they were lost, so you help them get back to their truck.

But your sendero looks great!

I locked my deer blind door after that.

When I turned around he wasrunning full speed towards the blind then turned around once I did. I park my ranger by the blind so maybe he was running to try and see if the key was in it so they could steal it.

I no longer can leave keys in anything because we have so many running around. We had a lot of rain this year and the grass grew super high in the fences aorund our house and shop so I’ve been doing more work than hunting to get the hiding places down aorund the cattle pens and yard area.

I’ve been keeping the hunting areas(senderos) really nice but kinda let some of the areas around the yard get over grown so they have plenty of places to hide 50 yards away. Plan is to cut all the mesquite super high and spray all the grass so I can see 150 yards around the yard area.

Comment

Can somebody ‘splain why they abandon their backpacks? I understand they may have been emptied, but wouldn’t they want them to carry more water/food/supplies if they break into a house and steal more food, water and clothes?

Comment

p.s. I look for you every time I am at Buc-cees, Dave. No show from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Can somebody ‘splain why they abandon their backpacks? I understand they may have been emptied, but wouldn’t they want them to carry more water/food/supplies if they break into a house and steal more food, water and clothes?
                              No idea in all honesty but I would imagine they’ve been carrying these back pack for hundreds of miles and even a little weight can start rubbing skin wrong since they aren’t designed for that type of adventure/every day use.

Once again just spit balling.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                                Lots of work goes into keeping them looking that way lol.

He was probably just going to ask if you needed some landscaping help on your deer yards.

J/K

I do hope it slows down and we can get it under control. This is sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X