No announcement yet.

Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shooter (wife) will be riding shotgun with me into camp late Thursday night and spending a few days. Hopefully we see some good action.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      My shooter (wife) will be riding shotgun with me into camp late Thursday night and spending a few days. Hopefully we see some good action.
      Nice. Good luck. I’ll be at mine late Thursday as well.

Comment

You should see a lot of rutting activity. I have been seeing a lot of bucks chasing along the FM just a few miles north of you.
        Everyone be safe on the roads and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
        Good luck and Adios,
        Gary

Comment

All settled into camp after hauling a new 4x8 deer blind in my truck all over Texas the last 36 hours. Hopefully we can get it setup with little issues.

Karla wants to shoot a deer, turkey, and pig this trip. She says it’s killing season.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
            AT&T still the way to go down there?
            Tired of no signal with Verizon.
            Unfortunately AT&T is not great where I live.
            Yes, AT&T is about the only way to go across most of the county. West Central Cellular out of San Angelo offers good coverage but then you loose service across other areas of the state.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

A pretty three year old 10 point just ran a doe across my drive right by my dog kennels. Dark horns about 17" wide, weak 4ths, decent weight for a youngster. 10:30 AM.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                A pretty three year old 10 point just ran a doe across my drive right by my dog kennels. Dark horns about 17" wide, weak 4ths, decent weight for a youngster. 10:30 AM.
                Adios,
                Gary
                I saw almost an identical buck this morning for about 20 mins. He had short brows also but promising buck.

Comment

Just came back from the lease and they seem to just be starting to chase.
                  Heat putting them off?

Comment

I got back from our place. They are chasing for sure. Opening weekend we saw two bucks chasing a doe down 190 into Brady mid day. Saw buck chasing down 1311 last night and this morning. We saw a lot of deer just no shooters.

Comment

I'm a little late to share, but here is a video of our early season success.
                      My fiancé will be holding the ranch record for a little while...

Comment

Originally posted by JakefromstateTX View Post
                        https://youtu.be/XrLM7crRMf8

I'm a little late to share, but here is a video of our early season success.
                        My fiancé will be holding the ranch record for a little while...

Wow what a stud, congrats!

Comment

Congratulations to your fiance!

Comment

Congratulations on a great buck! I am not familiar with the La Roca Ranch.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

The wife shot a buck last night. It’s been a very strange year for us. We barely have any mature deer on camera or seen on stand compared to last year. This is actually the first deer off of our lease this year.

Comment

The wife shot a buck last night. It’s been a very strange year for us. We barely have any mature deer on camera or seen on stand compared to last year. This is actually the first deer off of our lease this year.

Congrats! Do you or anyone else here think the freeze had something to do with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X