Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
    I see the most activity around Thanksgiving through the first week of December.
    What about Halloween weekend or is that to early for that area?

Comment

The bucks I'm seeing are still in bachelor groups so still a little early in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
        Anyone have a recommendation on a good welder/ Barndo builder for the Menard area?
        Maybe Gary will chime in on this. He would be the one to ask about that.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
          Anyone have a recommendation on a good welder/ Barndo builder for the Menard area?

Might check with Compton’s or Kothman’s. Hardware store may have some contacts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
            I see the most activity around Thanksgiving through the first week of December.

^^this is the same with us. Usually starts around Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
              When does the rut usually start in Menard?
              I have always seen the real rut (bucks locked down with does) to be Thanksgiving week. As far as the best time to be in the stand to see mature bucks on the move, that has always been the third weekend of the season, and then again around December 10th or so.

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
                Maybe Gary will chime in on this. He would be the one to ask about that.
                Jeremy Mayfield or Judd Kothmann. Find out which will get you the best deal.
                PM me if you want numbers.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Judd Kothmann has done a lot of work for us and is a great guy. Highly recommend.

Comment

Also Buddy Garza and Tommy Hough are excellent at concrete and welding jobs.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                      When does the rut usually start in Menard?
                      I would say last week in November and first week in December. I have been hunting up there since I was a kid and it has slowly started creeping toward early December. The last three years I have seen my biggest buck on December 1st twice and November 30 last year.

Comment

Yea, usually around Thanksgiving. I expect the rut to be a little earlier this year as most of the does are in pretty good shape. We got a little rain across the county last night (.4" in town) which should help keep things green for a few more days. Winter grass is starting to show up a little and this rain will give it a boost.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

44 degrees here this morning. Wind was terrible yesterday with a hint of Lubbock in the air.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Gary,
                            Anyplace to drop off hogs for donation, that won't cost me $50 for a processing fee?
                            I hate to just let the buzzards have them. (I know they need to eat too. HaHa)

Comment

Are they having the dinner on Friday night before the opener?

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                                Gary,
                                Anyplace to drop off hogs for donation, that won't cost me $50 for a processing fee?
                                I hate to just let the buzzards have them. (I know they need to eat too. HaHa)
                                I don't know of anyone who will take them. There are so many hogs that we have overflowed the demand. Buzzards have to eat too.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X