Cellular Trail Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular Trail Cameras

What is the most affordable cellular trail cameras that you guys would recommend? Any try the spy point trail cameras? Thanks!

Im convinced there is no such thing as a reliable "affordable" cell trail camera. I'd suggest a covert.

Comment

Affordable and Reliability there is no such thing. Here are my rankings

1. Reconyx... Extremely Reliable but expensive
      2. Spartan
      3. Covert
      4. Sniper Stealthcam
      5. Bushnell
      6. Spypoint

Comment

I got a pretty good deal on a stealthcam wxa and so far it works great. I think it was on sale for 189.95 on midway.

Comment

I got the new moultrie one, and it works good so far

Comment

Covert black has been working well

Comment

I have some Spypoints, and I have had good luck with them, quite a few folks on here have not had the luck I have had though.
              I wouldn't call the ones I have affordable either BTW.
              Last edited by roughneck266; 08-09-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

There was a few people who got the $100 spypoint micro cellular trail cam. should be a thread on here somewhere.reviews have been mixed.

Comment

Don’t forget the difference in monthly cost.

Comment

I got a spypoint link micro for $100 it’s ok for the money nothing great but gets the job done. Next time I’ll prolly spend a little more money on a covert or something a little better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been using Spartans or their predecessor HCO for about 10 years, and out of 13 cameras, they’ve been 100% reliable. They aren’t water proof though...don’t ask me how I know...

Comment

Just got a Spartan on Friday. Initially was having a little trouble getting the Camera set up and connected to wireless. Camera shut down, and would not display anything on the screen, and I was not able to contact customer service over the weekend. I thought I'd be returning the camera today or sending it in for repair. Got on the phone with customer service thankfully and was E-mailed instructions to manually download firmware to boot the unit. Downloaded the firmware to the SD card, plopped it into the camera, and voila! It works perfectly. Very satisfied with their quick help, and now I can deploy the unit out in the field.

Quick Tips if you go with Spartan:

1.) Make sure you buy the correct data plan. Sim card will be marked for Spartan or AT & T. I'm an idiot and bought both by mistake (Thankfully AT& T refunded me)
                        2.) Make sure if you're manually downloading firmware that you download the correct firmware for YOUR model. They all look very similar on their website.

Comment

I’ve been running cellular trail cams since they came out.
                          The HCO predecessor to the Spartans were my go to as the best but now I find my Coverts are the best.
                          I have 8 Coverts, 2 Spartan and 2 of the new Spypoint micros spread out between S Texas and Kansas. Coverts give best pics and have been super reliable. These new Spypoint have been out in field 2 months. No probs yet. But I’m not expecting much. My Spartans burn through batteries fast and one is not working. Again.

Comment

I just wish we had good cell service at the lease and I would buy some.

Comment

Originally posted by bbuck8 View Post
                              I’ve been running cellular trail cams since they came out.
                              The HCO predecessor to the Spartans were my go to as the best but now I find my Coverts are the best.
                              I have 8 Coverts, 2 Spartan and 2 of the new Spypoint micros spread out between S Texas and Kansas. Coverts give best pics and have been super reliable. These new Spypoint have been out in field 2 months. No probs yet. But I’m not expecting much. My Spartans burn through batteries fast and one is not working. Again.

Do you use the Spartan app and have the large (1280) thumbnails sent to you for every picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X