2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stoops coaching...

Another great coach transferring to the city of Dallas. JJ has to have an inked calendar plan in place for his next main move.

Think JG is pondering if he should start interviewing for some of the unfilled NFL coaching/coordinator spots?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
      Re: Stoops coaching...

Another great coach transferring to the city of Dallas. JJ has to have an inked calendar plan in place for his next main move.

Think JG is pondering if he should start interviewing for some of the unfilled NFL coaching/coordinator spots?
      That would be awesome! I’d become a fan again.

Comment

Cole Beasely gone. 4 years $29 milllion to the Bills..

Comment

Good. More recording studios so he can work on his rap career.

Comment

That's ok. Bigger better things coming our way.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Cole Beasely gone. 4 years $29 milllion to the Bills..

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...b=conversation
              Not worried about it, to many better players coming up for contract in the next year to pay him.

Comment

don't worry, jason witten is coming back! it's all good!

Comment

No Earl Thomas either. Signing with Baltimore. But I can't blame them at 4 years 55 million with 32 million guaranteed.... That is just crazy for a 30 year ol safety with 2 broken legs and 2 bad hamstrings in the last 3 seasons. As a Horn, I love me some ET but I can understand the pass.

Comment

The Cowboys have a plan, they will not pay top dollar for an aging player with injury history, there are still plenty of good free agents out there, plus we will get the top free agent anyway in Lawrence. Like Mike Irvin said, they are not trying to be one hit wonders, they are building a team that should compete for several years, I tend to agree with him.

Comment

Just curious to see how cowboy fans would like jerry to spend his money. Looks like Zeke is holding out. Seen some interesting stats on dak earlier since 2016 he is second most in wins as far as qb’s, 14 fourth quarter or ot winning drives also second most. And his QBR is second only to Brady. I know he has his critics including myself at times but these stats can’t be over looked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                        Just curious to see how cowboy fans would like jerry to spend his money. Looks like Zeke is holding out. Seen some interesting stats on dak earlier since 2016 he is second most in wins as far as qb’s, 14 fourth quarter or ot winning drives also second most. And his QBR is second only to Brady. I know he has his critics including myself at times but these stats can’t be over looked.

I would NOT pay Zeke, for many reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I would NOT pay Zeke, for many reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I’m with you, from a character/intangibles standpoint Amari and Dak should be paid first IMO. I think these things are unfortunately over looked too often in today’s NFL. Have a feeling Jerry is gonna pay him though. On the other hand there is no denying what Zeke does for the cowboys. Tough decisions to make
                          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 07-28-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

If we paid him, my choice would not be close to what he is asking. Definitely not Gurley money. I would extend him for 2 years for under 10 mil per, guarantee half and front load the hell out of it with a signing bonus starting now.

He wouldn't take it but I don't want to cash strap this team with a big RB contract. Hell I might even trade Zeke and try to get some big draft picks.

Comment

Zeke is elite. But elite is too expensive so pay dak and amari. They are much harder to replace. Let's hope new OC helps dak develop more. Cobb can't be any worse than hurns was. Gallop and Witten feel like we could do better on depth but better than a lot of other teams.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cowherd the other day suggested trading Zeke for draft picks and then see how well the "new Dak" performs without him..

If he performs, we pay Dak.....if he doesn't then we offer a much smaller amount than the $35 mil hes looking for and build more around him.

Comment

Working...
                                X