Us Corps Texoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Us Corps Texoma

i scouted some corps land on lake texoma this weekend thinking it wouldnt be as pressured because its hard to access and no atvs allowed but was i wrong atv trails EVERYWHERE saw 2 guys on atvs with salt blocks on the atvs and even found a hunting cabin with 2 bunk beds huge heater pots pans plates and table i left scratching my head

Actually a pretty nice little cabin but corps people had left a note that it was gonna get impounded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your are talking about people that think the law doesn't apply to them.

Comment

I posted a thread on corps land last week... I was curious on the ATVs as well. I read that they were illegal on corps land but when google earthing a spot I want to try and hunt it sure looks like there are trails and even food plots. called the Texoma office and they did say the food plots were there for us public hunters and only off limits when they have specialty hunts in that area but still unsure about ATV and how these trails exist if indeed you cannot utilize ATVs.

Comment

Where abouts on corps? There use to be some good area across from where the ranger station is on ranger rd in pottsboro. It was taken over by a developer though. It was a long walk. Or just take a boat.

Comment

I did some scouting a few years ago, mid-summer, blinds, stands and feeders marking spots. There are no "rules" on the Tulsa district lakes like there are on Fort Worth district lakes (like it would matter).

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
              I posted a thread on corps land last week... I was curious on the ATVs as well. I read that they were illegal on corps land but when google earthing a spot I want to try and hunt it sure looks like there are trails and even food plots. called the Texoma office and they did say the food plots were there for us public hunters and only off limits when they have specialty hunts in that area but still unsure about ATV and how these trails exist if indeed you cannot utilize ATVs.

It think it’s the hunters that maintain the trails they might have been legal years ago I found a bridge that crosses a creek for the atvs

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
                Where abouts on corps? There use to be some good area across from where the ranger station is on ranger rd in pottsboro. It was taken over by a developer though. It was a long walk. Or just take a boat.

The cabin was about .75 mile east from that makeshift boat ramp on horseshoe bend

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  I did some scouting a few years ago, mid-summer, blinds, stands and feeders marking spots. There are no "rules" on the Tulsa district lakes like there are on Fort Worth district lakes (like it would matter).

It’s crazy but I’m not done with the place just yet there has to be some places that don’t have that stuff maybe on the Oklahoma side

Comment

Lol good luck. It's as busy up there as anywhere around.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post

Actually a pretty nice little cabin but corps people had left a note that it was gonna get impounded

Some guys trying pulling this on other corp land I hunt several years ago, they were rifle hunting too which wasn't allowed, they cut down a bunch of big trees too, massive no no on fed land. I was told is was a very expensive mistake after the federal wardens caught who was using it.
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 07-27-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have any info on hunting up on lake texoma? I have a camp spot that I used to go to up there. It was really only 4wd accessible which was nice! I found out about hunting up there last year. I spoke with a game warden last year and was informed that you are allowed to hunt with rifles but only on the Cooke county side. I tried reaching out to him again the other day to just find out more info but never got a call back. I'd like to get up there and scout some more but I wasnt sure how populated it can get or how pressured it was.

Comment

Surprised they still keep this open to the public with all the lawless shinanigans going on.

Comment

That must be a different world up there. I was planning on harassing ducks on some of the Tulsa Corps lakes. Maybe not. I wonder what would happen if they showed up and their "cabin" was not there anymore. Seems like it wouldn't take long to pack that out on an ATV.

I just don't understand the logic. Either everyone knows about it and there is a set of unwritten rules or the place needs to be cleaned up. I've never been a fan of people claiming "their spot" on public land. I'll leave them alone for a season or until they don't use it regularly, but at the first of a new season all bets are off.

Maybe these are moved in just before the season and moved out after the season is over?

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                              Surprised they still keep this open to the public with all the lawless shinanigans going on.
                              New to the area and don’t need to stumble into trouble. Curious as to the type of shenanigans.

Comment

Working...
                              X