2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Great to see the testing is going solid.
    I’ll be swinging by mañana before I fly out to see all what’s up with the potential build

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Man if I had a reloader like yours I would never shoot factory! [emoji6]
      Lol! Want to do all of the testing with factory as its a "worst case scenario".......and I want to avoid any labor strikes

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        I called APR today to talk to Robert to have him convince me what caliber I should go with.

Garett said he was on the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Sorry about that. If you can't get me next time, leave a message with Garret and I'll call you back. I will probably be at the range in the mornings for a while until we are done testing.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
          Man I am stressing out over caliber choice. #firstwoldproblems
          I am in the same boat. I think I will go 6.5 prc sell off the 6.5 CM. And where a super man bun and a cape Ha ha it will cover so much in one caliber then maybe a crazy 375 Chevy tac. Robert your fault on that last round ha ha another build for you

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
            I am in the same boat. I think I will go 6.5 prc sell off the 6.5 CM. And where a super man bun and a cape Ha ha it will cover so much in one caliber then maybe a crazy 375 Chevy tac. Robert your fault on that last round ha ha another build for you
            Jump in! The water is fine...................or maybe I should say don't go towards the light

Comment

All I can say is WOW! Working lots of OT to pay for a wedding and hopefully one of these.

Comment

So Robert what is your ideas on a 300 PRC we talked about the 7mm 300 300 Wm but if I am going to add a 30 cal into the mix and factory ammo for it now .. if the data I looked up is correct 1000 lb mark is out near 1250-1300 Now that does what the 300 WM does and better as well staying with the 30 cal bullet new loads will be coming for sure and in lighter bullet weights as well .

Still looking back the 6.5 PRC is yes going to roll that 1000 mark back to 900 however much less recoil in a ultra light weight rig . and not sure when I will get the chance to hunt beyond the 1000 very often .

I know waffle waffle HA HA HA

Comment

just a suggestion, Robert will put out the official order form as soon as he in convinced these rifles will do what they are supposed to do. He WILL NOT build anything unless it will go out of the shop with the Alamo Precision Brand on it.

as far as cartridges, Go to these forums, join them and ask questions. Accurate Shooter.com, Long Range Hunting.com, 24 Hour Campfire.com, Snipershide.com You will learn all about EVERY option out there. Give Robert time to make these rifle's shoot like we want them to.

This is MY opinion only but I would stay with the more common calibers re: 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm mag.270, .300 Win Mag, again in MY opinion only, the RUM Magnums, Big, Heavy calibers might be better built off a different set up. Discuss this with Robert when the order sheet is put out.

I'm super excited about the Texas Bowhunter Group Buy !!!!

Comment

So Robert what is your ideas on a 300 PRC we talked about the 7mm 300 300 Wm but if I am going to add a 30 cal into the mix and factory ammo for it now .. if the data I looked up is correct 1000 lb mark is out near 1250-1300 Now that does what the 300 WM does and better as well staying with the 30 cal bullet new loads will be coming for sure and in lighter bullet weights as well .

Still looking back the 6.5 PRC is yes going to roll that 1000 mark back to 900 however much less recoil in a ultra light weight rig . and not sure when I will get the chance to hunt beyond the 1000 very often .

The only 2 issues I can see with the 300PRC is the fact that you are stuck with Hornady brass (which is also true of the 6.5 and has not been an issue so far), but at least there are other options in the works for it - not so sure about the 300 version. The other issue is you have to be mindful of mag constraints when planning your build. No issues going with a BDL set up, but it will not fit in a standard magnum AICS patterned mag. You'll need to go CIP length if going DBM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                      just a suggestion, Robert will put out the official order form as soon as he in convinced these rifles will do what they are supposed to do. He WILL NOT build anything unless it will go out of the shop with the Alamo Precision Brand on it.

as far as cartridges, Go to these forums, join them and ask questions. Accurate Shooter.com, Long Range Hunting.com, 24 Hour Campfire.com, Snipershide.com You will learn all about EVERY option out there. Give Robert time to make these rifle's shoot like we want them to.

This is MY opinion only but I would stay with the more common calibers re: 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm mag.270, .300 Win Mag, again in MY opinion only, the RUM Magnums, Big, Heavy calibers might be better built off a different set up. Discuss this with Robert when the order sheet is put out.

I'm super excited about the Texas Bowhunter Group Buy !!!!
                      We need a like button. Spot on.

Comment

300wm for me. 28" pipe with ultra 7 can shooting 215 burgers. Hoping to get around 3000fps hand loads, which would bring the 1000lb energy to around 1400yds. Plus factory ammo is common if I ever need to go that direction

Comment

In

Definitely in for the tier 1 light weight build. Still up in the air on caliber, 300WM vs 28 Nosler for deer, black bear, sheep, and elk. Also looking at glass between Zeiss V6 and Leupold VX6HD. Want to get 1000yds out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            Sorry about that. If you can't get me next time, leave a message with Garret and I'll call you back. I will probably be at the range in the mornings for a while until we are done testing.

How did the testing go?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                              How did the testing go?

It went good overall. I didn't get through all of them due to a meeting yesterday and the rain today, but made some good headway earlier this week. Will resume next week and hopefully finalize everything. The "wrap" itself is pretty much solid and final. I do have another internal contour inbound that I think will be it based on results from the other ones. My other tester put a 40 round group through one of the 6.5's non-stop and it never walked. Probably killed it, but it stayed put. I did have one of the 6mms open up, but we were testing a contouring method and pretty much expected it to have that effect.

Comment

Robert I might have missed it in the 509 post on this thread, but what kind of barrel life you expecting out of the carbon fiber chamber in say a 7 rem mag or 300 win mag?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X