Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
    Does for sure need flush cup options
    A flush mlok channel would be awesome in place of the picatinny rail.

Comment

My biggest concern right now is if I go this route, what caliber do I get?
      Definetly considering tier 1 but if I go to a .30 caliber I’ll pobably opt for tier two.

My primary deer rifles are my .280 and 25/06 and .264 win mag
      Have a heavy barrel 22-250 for smaller stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
        I would prefer no open bridge could this action be subbed for the tier 1?
        I’ll be in for either the 6.5prc in a long or a 22 creedmoor in a short.
        I think I'd prefer the no open bridge as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
          My biggest concern right now is if I go this route, what caliber do I get?
          Definetly considering tier 1 but if I go to a .30 caliber I’ll pobably opt for tier two.

My primary deer rifles are my .280 and 25/06 and .264 win mag
          Have a heavy barrel 22-250 for smaller stuff.
          I am in the same boat. I was thinking 300wsm, but not sure I want to be on the receiving end of that in a light gun. I wish I would have not already done a 7-08 in last years build. I really want to go bigger for this one, but may have to change my mind. I don't reload, so I can't really go with any fancy calibers.

Comment

Is anyone thinking of going with the 300 PRC or do yall think with it being a lighter gun and that caliber it might not be smart? Im not a gun guy so just needing some info!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              I am in the same boat. I was thinking 300wsm, but not sure I want to be on the receiving end of that in a light gun. I wish I would have not already done a 7-08 in last years build. I really want to go bigger for this one, but may have to change my mind. I don't reload, so I can't really go with any fancy calibers.
              7 Remington mag, 257 Weatherby, or something in the 270 variety are my top picks at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                Go with a 300 wm and a brake, it's an oldie but is a solid performer with lots of factory options.

I was already contemplating this build before Robert through it out as a group build and am planning a 300wm. I reload and have looked at several 7mm and 30 cal mags but keep coming back to the tried and true.

For me, it meets the goal of running a 200-215 boolet at 2900-3000 in a 26 inch barrel and just like factory ammo selection it has a huge selection of new brass.

You can get 3100 from a 180 yet still have good performance from a 24 inch barrel if that's in your plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Main Frame View Post
                  lightweight rig in 260 is sounding pretty good right now
                  This for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                    7 Remington mag, 257 Weatherby, or something in the 270 variety are my top picks at the moment.
                    257 weatherby was my initial thought

Comment

I’m on the same page as slick 8. Will be doing 300wm with the best brake they offer in lightweight package. I’m beyond excited and we can’t even order yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        Go with a 300 wm and a brake, it's an oldie but is a solid performer with lots of factory options.

I was already contemplating this build before Robert through it out as a group build and am planning a 300wm. I reload and have looked at several 7mm and 30 cal mags but keep coming back to the tried and true.

For me, it meets the goal of running a 200-215 boolet at 2900-3000 in a 26 inch barrel and just like factory ammo selection it has a huge selection of new brass.

You can get 3100 from a 180 yet still have good performance from a 24 inch barrel if that's in your plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                        I was thinking that, but I already have an old 300wm that I love.

Comment

I guess I missed the Tier options? Someone help me out here please!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            I guess I missed the Tier options? Someone help me out here please!
                            Tier 1 - The light option. APR Hunter(lighter) action, vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Carbon Barrel, bdl bottom metal. Basically a 6 lbish lean, mean hunting machine.

Tier 2 - The heavier option. APR G2 action(heavier), same vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Sendero contour cut-rifled barrel (fluted or not), Bdl bottom metal. This version could swap to a detachable mag for an additional fee. Should end up mid 7 lb range hitting 9ish with glass and be a couple hundred less than the all carbon.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                              Tier 1 - The light option. APR Hunter(lighter) action, vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Carbon Barrel, bdl bottom metal. Basically a 6 lbish lean, mean hunting machine.

Tier 2 - The heavier option. APR G2 action(heavier), same vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Sendero contour cut-rifled barrel (fluted or not), Bdl bottom metal. This version could swap to a detachable mag for an additional fee. Should end up mid 7 lb range hitting 9ish with glass and be a couple hundred less than the all carbon.
                              Thank you sir!

Comment

Well, I kept my nose out of last year's special deal, as I was gun poor enough and actually somewhat avoided the thread and the temptation to pull the trigger on yet another build, but... dang this'n looks even better!

Robert, you know me well enough after building my 28 ultralight to know that the lightweight version gets my vote.

Now, the chambering is a bit more difficult decision... I believe I have the 7mm and up covered and I've been looking at a 6.5. I'm a big fan of the SAUM but the PRC is hard to ignore.

I'm staying tuned in and weighing the options...

Comment

Working...
                                X