Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
    Sounds like y’all are just wasting your time applying
    They definitely are. I recommend that everyone quits wasting your money. I'll throw in a few extra bucks to the cause to help keep them afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
      They need to do that for adults too
      Absolutely agree!!! Bump up the entry fee to make up for lost $$$. The way it is now the odds are just sh!#.
      Last edited by bossbowman; 07-05-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Absolutely agree!!! Bump up the entry fee to make up for lost $$$. The way it is now the odds are just sh!#.
        Yeah this

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
          Yeah this
          X2

Comment

Texas has too many people and too little public land.
            Huntable public land is going to disappear as population increases. State Parks are over run with bikers and hikers.

I'd like to see a system where private land owners are incentivized to open their land at certain times of the year to the public for fishing, hunting, and trapping. I'd like to see a significant property tax incentive or abatements given to those who allow managed public access to their land. I think that if the state offered these incentives and indemnified the property owner for the risk associated with this, then we would way more opportunities to hunt.
            Last edited by backwoods; 07-06-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Donated around $150 this year.

Comment

Going to make my donation again this year. I have 9+ loyalty points in every category I apply for except GDA and GDM

Comment

Looks like I'm in for an even 60 this year for $272. Various levels of LP's from 0 up to 22 for pronghorn. some of the higher ones are 10 for archery mule deer, 15 for exotic, 12 for gun deer management, 11 for mule deer, and 12 for private lands either sex.
                  Last edited by Deerguy; 07-08-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                    Huntable public land is going to disappear as population increases. State Parks are over run with bikers and hikers.

I'd like to see a system where private land owners are incentivized to open their land at certain times of the year to the public for fishing, hunting, and trapping. I'd like to see a significant property tax incentive or abatements given to those who allow managed public access to their land. I think that if the state offered these incentives and indemnified the property owner for the risk associated with this, then we would way more opportunities to hunt.
                    My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post

There is less public land in texas no doubt but there is plenty that is under utilized or not at all, look up BLM land on the red river. The public areas in texas that do allow deer hunting all season are federal lands, some of the NWR don't but their prerogative is more preservation not conservation. Any state lands are very restrictive on hunting they allow usually, the philosophy in this state on deer hunting is just different and very protective for whatever reason, there is plenty of resource.

Comment

there is less public land in texas no doubt but there is plenty that is under utilized or not at all, look up blm land on the red river. The public areas in texas that do allow deer hunting all season are federal lands, some of the nwr don't but their prerogative is more preservation not conservation. Any state lands are very restrictive on hunting they allow usually, the philosophy in this state on deer hunting is just different and very protective for whatever reason, there is plenty of resource.
                        shhhhhhhh.

Comment

There is less public land in texas no doubt but there is plenty that is under utilized or not at all, look up BLM land on the red river. The public areas in texas that do allow deer hunting all season are federal lands, some of the NWR don't but their prerogative is more preservation not conservation. Any state lands are very restrictive on hunting they allow usually, the philosophy in this state on deer hunting is just different and very protective for whatever reason, there is plenty of resource.
                          It all boils down to money. The state cant incentivize Private land owners enough to even come close to what they can make on private leasing, nor does the state want to lose the business from ALL people wishing to use the public land in order to provide to the hunters. They do what they can to make everyone share and play nice, but we are fighting a losing battle in the Lonestar state for sure.

Comment

I get it that folks get mad that other folks are applying for the same spots you want but wow. Because you want the spot others shouldn't be allowed to? What am I missing? And raising the prices might make it so that not everyone can afford to apply. I'd love to apply for all of the hunts but can't afford that now so you make it more expensive and now i can barely afford to apply for one hunt. Lets not make hunting any more of a rich mans game than it's already becoming.

Just apply and be happy when you get drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                              I get it that folks get mad that other folks are applying for the same spots you want but wow. Because you want the spot others shouldn't be allowed to? What am I missing? And raising the prices might make it so that not everyone can afford to apply. I'd love to apply for all of the hunts but can't afford that now so you make it more expensive and now i can barely afford to apply for one hunt. Lets not make hunting any more of a rich mans game than it's already becoming.

Slow Clap.....in 3....2....1.....

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post

It has nothing to do with that. No one is mad because other people are applying to where they want to apply, that's always happened. It's that Texas has one of the worst hunt lottery systems in the entire U.S. and it would be so easy to make it one of the best by just making a handful of common sense changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X