2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    I have 22 in Pronghorn. Other categories range from 1 to 16. Only have 4 in Bighorn. They deleted all my previous points and made me start over at 0 for that one a few years ago. That sucked.
    I'm sure it was rough going on that hunt!!! I'm hoping I get my points reset this year. That would be awesome.

Comment

Well..just sent them my money. Good luck to y'all hope you get what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle jesse View Post
        Just checked the website and the 2018-19 catalog is up.

Have fun dreaming! And don't waste too much time at work browsing the catalog.

Shhhhhh!!!!!!! Don’t tell everyone. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 3 exotic and gator points, 2 GDE, and 2 Nat. Refuge Deer and Exotic, Outside of alligator, I try to only apply to the 'more adventurous' hunts.

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          I have 22 in Pronghorn. Other categories range from 1 to 16. Only have 4 in Bighorn. They deleted all my previous points and made me start over at 0 for that one a few years ago. That sucked.
          Listen closely, I am playing a violin with a sad, sad tune for you
          I hope you get drawn again!!
          Last edited by Patton; 07-03-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

For fall i'll be in class half days tue/wed with a 12 hr clinical on Saturdays(drew a crappy clinical day) I can take off work other days but can't miss school. I'll see what I can apply for with those open dates. Won't be much but I'll apply for whatever I can if they're decent locations. If not I'll wait till next year. Scared to apply and get drawn and lose points on a hunt I can't go to.i did. Heck gator and I can apply for that. Itching for that I was drawn last year but cancelled due to Hurricane
            Good luck everyone

Comment

Just finished applying in 21 hunts. Most points I have are 4 in archery deer, 3 in gun deer either sex, NR gun deer, and private lands either sex. I have 2s and 1s in others.

Comment

What do you guys think about limiting the youth hunts to 3 applications per category? I kind of like it since there is no cost to prevent folks putting in for everything. Hopefully more kids get to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                  What do you guys think about limiting the youth hunts to 3 applications per category? I kind of like it since there is no cost to prevent folks putting in for everything. Hopefully more kids get to hunt.
                  It was pretty common for folks to apply for every hunt because it was free. Many hunts went unfilled for that reason and youth hunts typically don’t allow standby. Hopefully it will be more equitable this way.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                    It was pretty common for folks to apply for every hunt because it was free. Many hunts went unfilled for that reason and youth hunts typically don’t allow standby. Hopefully it will be more equitable this way.
                    Yes. I think it is a good move.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                      They need to do that for adults too

Comment

They should have a "points only" option for those only looking to build points and not hoping to hunt that year. Would help the draw odds some.

Comment

Just pick one hard to draw hunt in whatever category you want the points in. You only have to apply for one hunt to get the points for that category. I did that last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                            Just pick one hard to draw hunt in whatever category you want the points in. You only have to apply for one hunt to get the points for that category. I did that last year.
                            I did that a couple years ago and of course we were picked. It sucked to have all our points wiped out for a hunt we couldn't go on, but agree this is the only way to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                              I did that a couple years ago and of course we were picked. It sucked to have all our points wiped out for a hunt we couldn't go on, but agree this is the only way to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              same thing happened to me on a Mule deer hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                                same thing happened to me on a Mule deer hunt.
                                That's just bad luck. Most try forever and never pull a mule deer tag. To get it on the year you can't go id a huge let down. I was able to find dates I can go over winter break for almost all the categories. One of the only that won't work is pronghorn private or public but ive decided I'm still going to put in for it to get another point. I have another 35 years or so to keep applying for it. Hopefully when I have 40 points it will give me the edge I need lol

Comment

Working...
                                X