No announcement yet.

It's killing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to see kids enjoying hunting. So soon they find other distractions and life overwhelms them.

Gary

Comment

Good one. Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations of the deer, good luck on the rest of the season. I'm still trying to get out.

Comment

Well...main body of doe killing time is almost over here. Prime flathead targets 1,2 & 3 got got. It was about population suppression for us. The population got hacked back and were already being infiltrated again.

The acorns are still plentiful and many are still clinging to the trees. The major feed time today ended just before day break. It was 73% lunar illum this morning. No head lamp needed. My volunteer killer and I got foiled with no shows. Good luck to those still killing flatheads where able.

Comment

My son finally got his buck. As you can see from his expression, he was proud. Best part was that both grandpa (MEB) and I were in the blind to share the experience. It will be a few years before he is strong enough or efficient enough to hunt with trad gear, or any bow, but he certainly shares our love for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations to him and you!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Well, look what the cat drug in!!! How’s life up north Brandon???

Bisch

It is good, a little colder than Texas. So far it has been a slow season for me, we will see if things pick up in December.

Congrats Peyton!

Comment

30* this morning in Missouri. Warm front moved in.

Gary

Comment

It was 33* here, and colder than hades!!! [emoji3063][emoji3063][emoji3063]

Bisch

Comment

Running short on time here. I may need to consider filling my any deer tag with "any" deer.

Gary

Comment

Well I failed to get it done in Missouri. I could've tagged a doe fawn but with the herd trying to recover from blue tongue I chose not to shoot and then the spike that lived dangerously wasn't legal so I came home with an empty ice chest.
                        Friday it's back to the ranch to try again.
                        Y'all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Gary

Comment

That’s hunting Gary. Good luck at the ranch

Comment

Anyone else out braving the cooler temperatures and massive acorn crop this morning?

Gary

Comment

Not me!!!!

Good luck to all who are out there!!!!

Bisch

Comment

This guy did a wind check for doe but kept going. He never got closer than 50 yards. He's as good looking in person as on camera.
                                Last edited by DRT; 12-07-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X