No announcement yet.

What am I missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They running lithium in that thing or what. Jeeze!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

get a new battery from advance auto, i use them all the time. my latest battery for a 99 suburban cost around $100. and with online orders you can use the code RMN25 to get 25% discount

Comment

I would visit with the service manager
        Last car I would buy from his dealership

Wish y’all could see the great service I have received here in Brownwood.
        Chevy and Toyota

Comment

Whatdid she take it in for?

Comment

Over 20yrs ago when my wife and I were dating she worked at a Ford dealership part time for a few months. I think all she did was take payment in the service department. She knows nothing about cars. She did not know how to respond to one gentleman when he asked about the $45 charge to top off the power steering fluid, his car did not have power steering.

Comment

I change oil in 3 cars (truck jeep and wifes cruiser) and decided to take my daughters into ford and let them do it. I was driving and my wife walked in to drop it off, what can go wrong, right? She walks out and says it'll be 250.00. I immediately took the work order back in and let the sales expert have it. Manager had to come over and ask what was wrong. I belated them for taking advantage of a woman who walks in and asks for an oil change

Comment

Originally posted by thaRealTexx View Post
                Most I have seen for 1 vehicle was for an F-250 which takes 2 batteries which were quoted on higher end quality, not Walmart specials.
                Mine died the day the cold snap was coming in. hauled em down to Ford and I think it was ~350.00 for both. Didnt have time to shop, took and ran

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                  I’d be paying them a visit personally if it was just an oil change!

Have the battery tested at any of your local auto parts. If bad get a new one from them for 1/3 of what stealership priced.
                  It was all the other B.S. they sold her on... radiator flush, air filter, etc... and they picked it up and dropped it off.

Comment

Dealerships will get you on all the extras, one reason is the service writers get a commission on what they write up.

Comment

$500 for a battery on a Japanese vehicle is ludicrous. I’ve seen really high prices on European vehicles where the battery runs about $250 (even at Auto Zone) and then you have to pay the dealer an additional $200+ to “register the battery to your car.” Some loopy software deal they do in order to extort more money from you. $100 battery do just fine in the Toyota.

Comment

I won’t need one for a while but my 2020 Tundra will be running on a $100-150 battery just fine when it does ...

Comment

Diane had a shop tell her the same thing close to a year ago and wanted $250 to replace.
                          I asked her if she had problems starting the Jeep, and she didn’t, I told her to just bring it home and we’d keep an eye on it for problems.
                          Hasn’t missed a lick in almost a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me put it this way... I just bought a porsche, and had to have a shop do transmission fluid because the fancy doodads on it require special electronic tool from porsche, etc... 600. Unless you got some lithium battery that you're using as a backup to the house power..... go buy a 100 dollar battery lol.

Comment

We had Sienna and it had some patented battery brain on the positive post. It was designed that if a kid left an interior light on or door open it would detect drop in voltage & break the circuit so the battery would not drain down low enough it would not crank. There was a button you pushed to reconnect that circuitry. The bad thing was I never got to 2 years on a single battery & had to replace one at 14 months

Comment

Valvoline told me the same thing about my diesels batteries getting weak. I deferred. On the morning of the cold snap, I was at the ranch, woke up and was in a hurry to leave so I could get through san antonio before the roads were too bad. It wouldn't start. I jumped it and made it to walmart in the Woodlands and got 2 new ones with a decent warranty for less than $300.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X