No announcement yet.

Richland WMA Draw Hunt 2019 - Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian, hopefully we can meet up soon. Yah the check in was fast and furious lol

Good luck on your hunt!

Not much around this morning from what I heard. I didn’t get a chance to hunt - pregnant wife needed some help at home. I’ll be back in stand at 2:30!

Last night one in my group had a BIG deer chase a doe past but couldn’t get him to stop.

Yes baiting is legal.

Comment

Good luck this afternoon. How long is the hunt for?

Comment

Hunt ends Friday AM!

When I got here Dad wanted to move around to get ready for the rain tomorrow. This place gets sticky when it rains.

Driving into the compartment I drove up on a shooter buck. Looked like a tall 10. Got a ladder stand moved over there.

While getting Dads pop up situated we had 2 pigs just feeding in the road. Zero concern about us. LOL. They get a pass until tomorrow evening.

I’m sitting back down in the river bottom getting carried away by mosquitoes and sweating quite heavily. Put out some estrous scent tonight, maybe that will get a big boy interested.

Comment

That’s some good looking country. You never know what might step out. Hope you get an opportunity to throw some lead. Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

I'm been following good luck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing seen so far between the three of us. The cam I put out on a trail caught that buck I saw driving in. Will have to at the card to tell what he is.

Comment

What a sunset!

Comment

Well, nothing shot tonight. Compartment beside us a dude shot a 2.5 year 9 pt that they kept the head (not wide enough) but let him keep the meat.

Try again tomorrow!

Comment

Back at it. Been in the chair blind since 5:45. At 7:10 I realized I needed to move it for better views. Got it moved and was stepping in and a doe came out at 100 yards. Watched her and the pipeline for a minute and she disappeared.

Finishing getting set up and a buck runs through. I get set up and just wait and he comes back out on a steady walk. I can finally tell he is outside his ears and legal and pull the trigger... click. Bullets in my gun but not the chamber since I rode my bike in this morning. By the time I chambered a round he walked back into the brush.

At least it wasnt a HUGE buck lol
                    Still pretty frustrating. Ive seen 4 bucks this morning - mostly smaller.

Comment

Sounds like you're getting dialed in. Stay at it.

Comment

Little forky!

There are 3-4 like him in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          Well, nothing shot tonight. Compartment beside us a dude shot a 2.5 year 9 pt that they kept the head (not wide enough) but let him keep the meat.

Try again tomorrow!
                          Whoops!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            Back at it. Been in the chair blind since 5:45. At 7:10 I realized I needed to move it for better views. Got it moved and was stepping in and a doe came out at 100 yards. Watched her and the pipeline for a minute and she disappeared.

Finishing getting set up and a buck runs through. I get set up and just wait and he comes back out on a steady walk. I can finally tell he is outside his ears and legal and pull the trigger... click. Bullets in my gun but not the chamber since I rode my bike in this morning. By the time I chambered a round he walked back into the brush.

At least it wasnt a HUGE buck lol
                            Still pretty frustrating. Ive seen 4 bucks this morning - mostly smaller.
                            You have today and tomorrow right? Tomorrow they should be moving a lot after this front, I would guess.

Comment

Comment

Congrats and have enjoyed following along.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X