No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm anxious to get out there myself. My hip replacement has held me back for two months but planning on making a run Sept 14-16. I haven't checked cameras since April so I'm pretty sure the cards will be full.

Comment

Got to the lease at 3am this morning and began filling feeders by headlamp and ATV headlights. First time we’ve done that, but 75-80 degrees was much better than triple digits. Got done and was out the gate headed back before 9am. I haven’t seen it that green and lush before. Grass everywhere and things blooming. Should be a great season. Excited to get there and and hunt this December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to hear that it has greened up out there finally. I was there back in April and the vegetation looked like August. I hope to get out there in a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure my cameras SD cards are full.

Comment

I'll be out there on Sept. 2nd and 3rd. Going to fill feeders and set up for bow.

Comment

Hey guys, I'll be heading out west this weekend to fill feeders and set up stands. Any of y'all been out there lately? Are "tourists" at full swing right now or not?

Comment

Comment

This pic was from May, but dang he’s got some seriously thick bases for such a young looking buck.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                  This pic was from May, but dang he’s got some seriously thick bases for such a young looking buck.

That's one nice looking stud right there. You hunting this bow season?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Kidd View Post
                    That's one nice looking stud right there. You hunting this bow season?

No.... I’m just a Pistola’ hunter!

Comment

I was out there this last week. At 1030am you start to bake. Saw a lil buck on the way in. Lots of purple out there right now.

Comment

Just saw some pictures posted last night on the Terrell County FB page and MAN IT IS GREEN out there now!

Over 4" of rain this month alone... That should help finish off the antler growth....

Comment

I saw the same post. I' glad its greened up out there. I was headed that way, but changed my mind for the weather.

I'm looking at the calendar now to see when I can make it. I need to check cameras, kill some schitt, and work on some water troughs that aren't working. The old trigger finger is awfully itchy too for some pigs.

Comment

That’s the most interesting looking bottom to feeder leg that I have ever seen!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

That’s the most interesting looking bottom to feeder leg that I have ever seen!!!!

Bisch

Patent pending!!! [emoji23] LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

When I built that feeder, I wasn't sure the angles on the legs, but knew I needed feet to support the weight and keep the pipes from sinking. I figured a sideways piece of pipe would distribute the weight and would eliminate the need for me to get the angle right. Put a piece of rubber under it and hammered a piece of rebar thru it, and it's worked perfectly.

Here is feeder build:

Comment

Working...
                                X