No announcement yet.

Who do you hunt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt with me, my self, and I. We really like the way we hunt together. We all have similar hunting styles and ideas. And we all use the same type of equipment on any given hunt, share info with each other (no secrets), like the same camp foods, and have a grand time together. We couldn't ask for better hunting partners.

Comment

We forgot to add the .

Comment

Brother, uncle, and cousin.

Comment

It's sad but it always happens. I quit helping others on public land years ago because it always ends up happening. Last year, knowing better I helped a buddy who was taking his young son hunting. They had been there for 4 days and hadn't seen a deer, so I brought them to an area where I had been seeing a lot of deer and only asked that he not share the spot with anyone else. Two weeks later he was back in the same spot with 3 of his other buddies. I knew better , that's what you get for being nice on public land. Scout hard, cover lots of ground and put in the time. That's the easy part. Keeping what you find a secret, that's the hard part. People you know will go out of their way to find where you are hunting at instead of putting in the work themselves.
          Last edited by Redbone; 08-04-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Loose lips sink ships, don’t forget to turn off gps for the trophy shot.

New to hunting public land but same goes for fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And my son, is who i hunt & fish with, thank God he wants to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by larry View Post
                yes there are. I can send you pics...

:d
                shhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Redbone View Post
                  It's sad but it always happens. I quit helping others on public land years ago because it always ends up happening. Last year, knowing better I helped a buddy who was taking his young son hunting. They had been there for 4 days and hadn't seen a deer, so I brought them to an area where I had been seeing a lot of deer and only asked that he not share the spot with anyone else. Two weeks later he was back in the same spot with 3 of his other buddies. I knew better , that's what you get for being nice on public land. Scout hard, cover lots of ground and put in the time. That's the easy part. Keeping what you find a secret, that's the hard part. People you know will go out of their way to find where you are hunting at instead of putting in the work themselves.
                  exactly, Only 2 guys i know now that id trust with my info

Comment

As far as duck hunting goes I’ve been burned a bunch and now almost refuse public duck hunting. Deer wise, first thing I did was got the $&@% out of Texas. A small group of us picked a random spot... got lost and found a random public access at about 10 pm ( this was about 20 years ago) unloaded 2 canoes in dark and started a 5 day survival hunt. We all killed animals. And continued to hunt together years after. 5 yers in we moved camp sights and met some “locals”. They were 3x as loud as us and drank about the same. By mid afternoon the first day I had decided we would either fight them or join them. After an evening campfire and a few drinks we joined company. For 20 years those “locals” have become some of my best friend I’ve had in a lifetime. We hunt every year together. I’ve learned more with my time with them than I could have hoped in a lifetime. They are truely the greatest hunters and woodsman I’ve ever seen and took me (a stranger) in as one of their own. I’ve hunted their stands and killed deer as well as drug theirs miles out of swamps. I’ll go to my grave before I revealed one of their spots or hunted one without them knowing I’d be there.

It is what you make it. I love it... but I bow hunt (the rifle and muzzle stuff is too much for me). I see people but never an issue and all have been 100% positive encounters as long as your out of Texas

Comment

Agreed been public hunting for almost 15 years and while bird hunting is not too bad on public the public deer hunt can be a mad house. If you are not willing to walk 5 miles to the back away from everyone you will often be crowded out.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                        looking for input and put out wanring for all you public land warriors.
                        each season I put in hundreds of hours prepping and hunting on public lands. That being said I am fully aware that anything goes. I had a TBH memeber last year reach out to me via private message on here. long story short I let him hunt with my group i normally hunt with and put this guy in a great area. He decided one of the days i wasnt around to help himsellf to my own personal setup that i was hunting and sharing with another close friend that i was also helping to get his first bow buck. Well a buck was killed from my location and the guy lied about it for 3 months before he fessed up about it. He intially said it was killed at the stand i let him use. Initially i was ok with it but the more i thought about all the effort and time and money i had put into setting my own stuff up and several other spots for friends to use it bothered me. This guy was given a free climber and deer cart by me also, i tried helping in every way i could and in the end myself and my other buddy got screwed over in a way. I know its public land and anyone can hunt anywhere they like but there is somewhat of a code between hunters i believe. He knew i was letting my friend hunt my stand there but did what he wanted anyway. Needless to say onother long time friend that shared this area was really upset about the deer being taken and we no longer speak. I wish I had just kept my info on deer sightings to myself and quit feeling like i wanna help everyone because this time it backfired. Both my other buddies have killed deer in areas i shared with them but this one ****** both of them off because they realized the deer bandit didnt put in the work to deserve the right to harvest that animal. Is what it is. Im not angry at anyone but im just posting more so to let all you guys know be leary of who you share your public land info with. Some people just want it the easy way! I MISS MY BUDDY Come back B :-(
                        Sounds like a lesson learned, unfortunately, the hard way.

I am confused by the amount of information that is posted on public forums about public hunting locations. I have NEVER seen anything good come from it. As they say, loose lips sink ships.

With today’s technology, you have to even watch posting pictures on public forums, as they can be imbedded with GPS coordinates.
                        Last edited by Greenheadless; 08-05-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          Sounds like a lesson learned, unfortunately, the hard way.

I am confused by the amount of information that is posted on public forums about public hunting locations. I have NEVER seen anything good come from it. As they say, loose lips sink ships.
                          No doubt. Live and learn. More so be leary of the company you keep.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel your pain but couldn't resist posting this.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I don't hunt much public land and haven't in years but it's the same way with fishing. Tell one guy and there's 10 boats there next time you go out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just funny, there is a brand new thread on here about Fannin Lake.

I don’t have a dog in the hunt on that place, and don’t plan to, but cringe every time I see a thread started like that. I feel sorry for those who do try to hunt there.

Even though it isn’t specific info, it brings open public interest to an area that might have not even been a consideration.

Comment

Working...
                                X