Neck Shot Placement Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neck Shot Placement Diagram

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone have a diagram or photo showing the best shot placement for a neck shot on a deer? I've always done a shoulder shot. I think I know where to shoot on a neck shot but am curious as to see exact placement that others prefer on the neck.

when I have to, I shoot right where the neck starts. In the area that's not exactly the shoulder or the neck. It has never failed, they drop like a brick.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
      when I have to, I shoot right where the neck starts. In the area that's not exactly the shoulder or the neck. It has never failed, they drop like a brick.
      When do you "have to" shoot it there?

Any pics of the exact location?

Comment

I have always been a neck shooter and always aim for high neck just below head where I know I will hit spine

Comment

[ATTACH]975765[/ATTACH]

Comment

Right here!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
              When do you "have to" shoot it there?

Any pics of the exact location?
              1. When I want to make sure the animal goes down right away and I don't have to look for it.

2. When I think my gun is under-powered for that particular game which is seldom because a .270 can kill just abut everything in Texas.

Just hit the neck, the bullet will either hit
              a. the bone
              b. a bunch of blood vessels
              c. the bullet shock will knock them out.

The animal won't go far.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                Right here!
                yup...right where white meets brown & looking straight at you when still / focused.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  yup...right where white meets brown & looking straight at you when still / focused.
                  What about when broadside or quartering to or away?

Comment

^^^ same here...they stop...and drop!

Comment

What about when broadside or quartering to or away?
                      I think you're over-analyzing it. If you have a "hunting rifle" and you hit the neck you'll be good.

Don't graze or hit the edges, hit the center where you know there are a lot of blood vessels and bone.

Here you go, these are my "Go To" spots:

Comment

I think you're over-analyzing it. If you have a "hunting rifle" and you hit the neck you'll be good.

Don't graze or hit the edges, hit the center where you know there are a lot of blood vessels and bone.

Here you go, these are my "Go To" spots:

https://www.gma.vic.gov.au/education...aking-the-shot
                        Ive been accused of over analyzing stuff in the past. Its a problem.

Let me put it this way, when aiming for the neck, are you aiming for the center of the neck (when broadside) or top 1/3 of the neck or something different?

Comment

Ive been accused of over analyzing stuff in the past. Its a problem.

Let me put it this way, when aiming for the neck, are you aiming for the center of the neck (when broadside) or top 1/3 of the neck or something different?
                          see the link above.

Comment

see the link above.
                            Sorry. Just looked at it. That is helpful. Thank you.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X