No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cellular trailcam shows an increase in activity at the feeder over the last month, as things have dried out and turned brown. Whenever the acorns drop, that feeder activity will probably curtail. Anybody seeing acorns drop around Roosevelt yet?

Comment

Been a good morning so far, 5 bucks, two of them being mature.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
        Been a good morning so far, 5 bucks, two of them being mature.

Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone shot anything yet?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was pretty slow in Blanco county. My uncle shot an old 6 pt cull on Saturday
            Morning but that was about the only mature deer we saw all weekend. Pretty good amount of acorns on the ground and still plenty in the trees. As burnt up as it is I don’t imagine they will last long before something eats them.

Comment

I'll finally be heading up to our place this weekend.

Upper 80's doesn't sound miserable and will probably be covered up in sheep and pigs as usual. Will be somewhat of a work week also

Comment

Got here to our place in San Saba yesterday evening. Saw a couple of small bucks. Acorns raining down on the carport. This feeder this morning has corn under it from a couple of throws. Seen a doe and fawn so far. Gonna have to get out on some trails and hand corn. Piggies must not be around if corn on ground. Sure could use some rain. Its dry dry.

Comment

Activity around my feeder on my cellular trailcam has slowed down a lot over the last week. Acorns must be dropping.

Dad has a buddy that gave him an antelope tag in the Panhandle, so I'm going up there to join him on his hunt this weekend. We'll get after the axis and whitetail later.

Comment

We are in Menard county off 190, Saw lots of deer last weekend all small bucks and does and one big blackbuck but never could get a shot, the old man did smoke a nice 13 point looking forward to the rest of the season

Comment

Got a few pretty nice ones coming in. That big gnarly deer will be something special in another 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Just got back from our place in San Saba county. Hot & dry! Put out a roto guzz waterer & bought a new blind. Hunted morning & evening. Not much hitting feeders right now. Acorns covering the ground & trees still loaded with them. Protein feeders still over half full from Sept 1st filling.Turned corn feeders down to 2 seconds. Pigs not even hitting feeders hard. Gonna be a tough bow season,but great for the deer. After the summer turned hot & dry, the deer can get in great shape for winter & the rut.

Comment

Boys still running together. This next full moon should start the first rut. Fawn mortality rate could of been better. { this happens every year - us older managers always hope for a good fawn year }
                          Turkeys have disappeared. May be years before I get a hunt able population again.................
                          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 10-03-2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I'm about to head down to the least today in search of this guy. Not many deer are hitting the feeders but I hunt near a lot of acorn trees in a creek bottom they should be near.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                              I'm about to head down to the least today in search of this guy. Not many deer are hitting the feeders but I hunt near a lot of acorn trees in a creek bottom they should be near.

Keep us updated! Good luck!

Comment

Not much movement tonight but I did find the other side of my target buck that was in the pen this whole time...I've searched almost the whole 200 acre pasture for this shed and it was covered up by grass this whole time 15' from my protein feeder!

Comment

Working...
                                X