wal-mart vanguard and federal pwer shok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wal-mart vanguard and federal pwer shok

I'm not normally a lucky person.. but I feel as if I hit the lotto after finding a 243 dlx weatherby and a 30-06 for 349 last year... I knew they would shoot well, b/c I own several weatherby v/g's and mk V's. well, i was at another walmart last yr looking for more v/g's and saw federal power shok for 11.97/box. i bought 10 boxes ...later saw a 5$/box refund...got 50$ credit card in mail yesterday! turns out, both the 30-06 and the 243 shoot the power shok sub-moa at 100 for 3 shot groups.. $7/box ammo...i won't even reload for those two! my wife will make sure deer/hogs fall to the 2 newbies this fall!!!

if i only could have found the ocean kayak deal at Academy!!!!!!

You got me excited. Thought maybe they were selling guns dirt cheap again.

Comment

I've always had food luck with the cheap federal ammo. And I love my Vanguard S2.

Comment

Reminds me I never got my rebate check/card.........

Comment

Can't beat PowerShoks. They're my go to bullets.

Comment

My Walmart Weatherby loves the powershocks as well. Got the same deal you did.

Comment

What grain of Federal Power Shok bullet do ya'll recommend for the Weatherby 270 and 30-06, and 243? Also has anyone used the Trophy bonded tip?
              Thanks..
              Last edited by day0082; 05-16-2019, 02:29 PM. Reason: adding wording

Comment

243/etc

I bought 30-06 150 gr, as it was all they had the power shok 243 was 100gr.... I have 2 788's that shoot 95gr factory sst's very well, and a 700 that did not like that offering.. so now, I reload 95sst's and tsx. those two 788's are the only rifles I own that like hornady sst factory ammo... my other calibers do not shoot them well... they are wonderful performers from the 243's on game..

Comment

243=100grain

Comment

Working...
                  X