X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, 2 teens, use it all the time to keep track of them

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      We use it for our teenagers. THANK GOD THIS WAS NOT AROUND WHEN I WAS A KID!!!!
      amen

Comment

I have learned from my friends high school scumbag sons (great kids) how easy it is to beat these tracking devices.

Go out and everybody tosses their phones in the slow car who is being monitored. The Dads who buy their son's fast cars expect them to rag them out and don't monitor them.

Need some alone time with a gal? Go to the library and hide the phones in the shelves. Come back before closing time.

Can't miss killer party, hit the movies. Phone gets turned off and left in the other car and off they go.

Like the vape charger thread they will eventually will slip up like all of us did.

Comment

ditch the phones, no biggie, go race a fast car, no biggy, go drinkin with your gal on the in the moonlight on your tailgate, no biggie, but heaven forbid they vape or puff some electric lettuce.........

Comment

One other feature of Life360 is that it will notify the group when one phone's battery drops below 10%.
            It's fun to bust my boys in the morning when their phone shows 100% but at 2:45am it broadcast that it was at 9%.

Comment

You can “ghost” your location and make it say somewhere you’re not, or that you left a long time ago.

Comment

Personally this is not how i would raise my children, thank God there grown. Who wants to track their kid's like some **** dog with a gps.

Comment

We use it. It's handy to keep track of the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                    Personally this is not how i would raise my children, thank God there grown. Who wants to track their kid's like some **** dog with a gps.
                    Not how we do it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      We use it for our teenagers. THANK GOD THIS WAS NOT AROUND WHEN I WAS A KID!!!!
                      No joke.

Back in your day they used smoke signals right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        No joke.

Back in your day they used smoke signals right?
                        Pretty close.
                        I grew up in Geneva, NE, population 2,400, and there was no getting away with anything. Mom always knew where I had been and what had been done before I got home.

I called it the Mom network.

Comment

I don't think of it that way. The schools make them turn the ringers and notifications off and most of the time my boys forget to turn them back on so when I call they don't even know. That is when I send a text asking them to give me a call and check the app to make certain they aren't in a ditch somewhere.
                          My boys are good and I don't feel the need to check up on them all the time. It is just a nice tool to have to keep my wife from worrying when they don't answer.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                            That's a LOT of dog to have barreling towards the door!
                            She's 140# but thinks she's a 5# lap dog.

Comment

Yes. It's great when they start driving and it's nice for hunting... though i will say that i walled away from the truck shed hunting a couple weeks ago. Things are so grown up on our lease and i got away from a road that I couldn't tell which way I needed to go to get back to where I started. Pulled out the app to use the husbands location because he was at the truck working on his feedet and it showed he was about 4 miles away in town... so location isn't that great where the cell.coverage may be less strong...

Good thing I jad those big arse windmills to use to find my way to a road... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

This. No thanks, I have explained to my teens that trust is earned and that I don't intend to hover over them like a helicopter. If they tell me they are going to do something, go somewhere, be home by whatever time, that's what I expect. Defy that trust, and there will be consequences. I have no desire to track my kids every movement or to see what their average speed was as they drove up to HEB.

Comment

Working...
                                X