May 15, 2010(Long Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psebowhunter View Post
    What an awesome read. I myself have also thought about quittin cold turkey. I’ve been saying I’m gonna quit for years but it only lasts a couple of weeks. Your story really inspired me sir. I myself don’t want to go the AA route, I just want to battle it myself. I rarely drink during the workweek but as sure as the weekend is here or on my days off I go on a binge like all day and night. I’ve been fortunate that my wife has stuck with me thru all I’ve put her through with my drinking, and I feel like this time is the last time that I will say I’m quitting because I really look foreword to quitting. I myself have consumed alcohol since my high school years and I think enough is enough. Wish me luck.
    Man that’s great to hear. I’m another friend pulling for you! If I can help in any way let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      Man that’s great to hear. I’m another friend pulling for you! If I can help in any way let me know.
      Thank you sir, I will truly keep you in mind.

Comment

What an awesome read. I myself have also thought about quittin cold turkey. I’ve been saying I’m gonna quit for years but it only lasts a couple of weeks. Your story really inspired me sir. I myself don’t want to go the AA route, I just want to battle it myself. I rarely drink during the workweek but as sure as the weekend is here or on my days off I go on a binge like all day and night. I’ve been fortunate that my wife has stuck with me thru all I’ve put her through with my drinking, and I feel like this time is the last time that I will say I’m quitting because I really look foreword to quitting. I myself have consumed alcohol since my high school years and I think enough is enough. Wish me luck.
        God bless you brother. There are some really fine people on this site that I know would be more than willing to lend a hand....or just an ear. Please please I urge you to stick with it young man.
        As a father of a son who struggled with addiction, eventually losing the battle, I pray you make the choice to fight it. Life is worth it my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
          Sounds like you've made your mind up! This thread is a perfect example of what your life will be like without alchohalism! Hang tough, we're pulling for ya!
          Thank you very much sir, I’ve said I was quitting before but this time I really want to make it happen. Thanks for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            God bless you brother. There are some really fine people on this site that I know would be more than willing to lend a hand....or just an ear. Please please I urge you to stick with it young man.
            As a father of a son who struggled with addiction, eventually losing the battle, I pray you make the choice to fight it. Life is worth it my friend.
            Thank you k you very much sir. I’m glad I finally admitted my problem, and thanks to all who have responded.

Comment

Thanks for bumping this again, Graysonhogs, and kudos to you on your journey!

You got this, buddy! Lots of good folks here pulling for you!

Comment

I’m only a PM away if you need to talk. You have to figure out “why” you’re drinking to excess. Once I did that, it became much easier to stop. I was not someone who could have a couple of beers at night. Not even close. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I still love this post.

You all can do it - just one day at a time. If necessary, one hour at a time. You got this!

Comment

Year 9 in the books. God is great. Life works way easier for me these days. My drinking days seem like a 100 years ago, but vigilance is the key. I am still ashamed of some of the things I did and people I hurt back then, but all I can do is keep living my best life now. A lot of people have forgiven long ago, and it's finally time to forgive myself. I am not that man anymore.

Comment

Congrats!! Its in the past now. Live in the present & future!
                      Good Luck!

Comment

Congrats! Keep it up, this is very inspiring!

Comment

Congrats Sir!

Comment

Great, great accomplishment.

Rwc

Comment

Thanks for the read. Some bravery there, to tell the story. Thank you for sharing. KJ

Comment

Thank you k you very much sir. I’m glad I finally admitted my problem, and thanks to all who have responded.
                                Hey brother, how are you doing with your walk. Still strong?

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                Year 9 in the books. God is great. Life works way easier for me these days. My drinking days seem like a 100 years ago, but vigilance is the key. I am still ashamed of some of the things I did and people I hurt back then, but all I can do is keep living my best life now. A lot of people have forgiven long ago, and it's finally time to forgive myself. I am not that man anymore.
                                Atta boy Grayson! One day at a time brother.

Comment

Working...
                                X