Rotator Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotator Time!

Well, it's time to get the rotator repaired. All started on July 5, 2015, trying to catch bait on a boat ramp and slipped on algae. Instinctively put my right arm out to catch myself and jammed that sucker pretty hard.
    Went to an ortho in the Woodlands right after it happened and had an MRI done. Doc said it was bad and the tendons were retracted up under the muscle and he'd have to lay it open to get to it. I decided I didn't want to go through all that. I have lived with the pain and mobility issues since then with lots of prayer for healing.
    A month ago I decided to go to the doc the did my knee back in 2009 and get on with it. I carried my old MRI and he ordered another. He told me that time is not your friend when dealing with this because the tendons usually keep retracting under the muscle and end up on your back. I wasn't thrilled to hear that. He said if it was that bad we would do a reverse replacement which he has had a lot of success with.
    Brought the MRI back and he said he had good news. 2 tendons were still attached and the main 2 were laying in sight and he could get them and reattach them. My first thought, thank you Lord.
    I go in tomorrow morning for surgery. Your prayers for perfection are appreciated.

Man do I feel for you...I know Tension is there...Them Doc got it figured out now days..Best of Luck and Prayers....

Comment

Hope it goes well. I'm having an MRI next week on my left shoulder.. I wont have it fixed until after season this year if it needs it.. but It's to the point I can't sleep on that side. I'm hoping it isn't the rotator . I didn't do anything in particular to hurt it other than football in high school and years of weight lifting .

Comment

You got this! Life will be better afterwards. I had pretty close to the same this in 2010, 6 weeks of home with little to no use of arm, followed by 6 weeks of therapy. I have full range of motion and no pain.

Comment

Been there, done that with the cuff...just be DANG sure to do the rehab faithfully!! If you get lazy and let it freeze up you will regret it as I DID! Good luck, all will be fine!

Comment

Man I remember when you did this Tim... Sure glad for the healing the Lord has already done, but will pray for a total healing for you... Get 'er dun now an' you'll be ready to shoot a bow again, well unless of course you just got hooked on that dang crossbow!
            Where are you having the surgery done?

Lord we ask You to heal our brother Tim of this shoulder injury. Restore his arm. You know what a warrior he is for You, and we need his witness out there for the harvest. We ask You Lord, guide his care-givers to a successful surgery and give Tim the patience and wisdom to follow his doctor's instructions and complete a successful rehabilitation. Make his pain brief and comfort him. Take care of Pmag too while Tim is on the mend. Give her a kind heart and patience as well. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Comment

I had a SLAP tear repaired back in August. I followed the Green Screen's advice and was diligent with my physical therapy and did EXACTLY as the doctor ordered...no more, but definitely no less. I was released back to full function 5 months later and I have better strength and range of motion than I did a year prior to surgery. You got this!!!

Comment

Dr Shaw in Livingston. Went well. Thanks for the prayers and advice.

Comment

Just had mine done two weeks ago yesterday I feel your pain prayers for a speedy recovery and a good doctor.

Comment

Just now seeing this Tim. May the good Lord's healing hand touch your shoulder. And may the pain be minimal.

amen!

My dad has had both of his done. And both my brother and mother have had repairs as well. Mother waited like you did. And found out the hard way. I do remember you posting about this when it happened. If you need anything, just holler. We'll get it done!

Comment

Ive had both of mine repaired. Work hard on the PT.

Comment

Glad to hear it went well. Get you a Lazy Boy sofa to sleep in if you don't already have one. Trying to sleep was the hardest thing for me after shoulder surgery.

Comment

Here's to a quick recovery.

Comment

I'm glad it went well, and I hope it heals quickly, Tim!

Comment

I'm less than 10 minutes away Tim. Holler if I can do anything or get you anything... Prayers up for your healing and patience on the rehab!

Comment

Working...
                              X