Putting Foreverlast 600# directional feeder to use- Thanks Brush To Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SETXHUNT0902 View Post
    I've been running run for about a 2 months now. Haven't added a solar panel to it yet but i will eventually.

With the battery compartment on this feeder being so big, has anyone thought about how something like a 12v atv or tractor battery would do?

Interesting idea on the ATV battery.

The feeder pen was some sort of Craigslist special 60” panels a coworker picked up for me when he was getting his.

I cut them in 1/2 for the cheapest feeder pen ever.

Pigs and cows just walk around the edge- what few goats we had walked right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SETXHUNT0902 View Post
      I've been running run for about a 2 months now. Haven't added a solar panel to it yet but i will eventually.

With the battery compartment on this feeder being so big, has anyone thought about how something like a 12v atv or tractor battery would do?
      Foreverlast told me I could use one but I have not tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
        Brush To Bay had these on sale for a bit and they were kind enough to allow me to purchase one over the phone and hold it for me until I could swing by and grab it on the way to the lease.

I was able to snag it up and put it to use last week.

My theory on using one of these is that I could set it off to the side of the pen, thus not having to open the gate to fill it and not have it blocking the view or being in harm’s way during a shot.

I added a Solar Panel and battery, besides that it came ready to roll.

It shot corn clear across my not so large pen and beyond- just how I’d hoped it would.

It also held 12 bags perfectly, not 13 like my Bucees ASF does- which is fine either way- just throwing that in for .....whatever.

A view from the box-

Time will tell how it works out. It seems a little complicated with the double motor system, but what do I know. I’m just a consumer, not a designer.

We purchased three of these and have one running now. So far the only issue I've had is when I have the potentiometer connected to the auger motor, the auger does not operate. When the harness is disconnected it works perfect. Some corn will sling out to 30 yards with the bulk being within 20 yards. I've talked to Bradley with Foreverlast a few times and his customer service is 100% !!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
          Foreverlast told me I could use one but I have not tried it yet.
          I went ahead and ended up putting in a atv battery in there. About 3 weeks in i had the fuse blow between the timer and battery. Installed new fuse and its been running fine since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
            We purchased three of these and have one running now. So far the only issue I've had is when I have the potentiometer connected to the auger motor, the auger does not operate. When the harness is disconnected it works perfect. Some corn will sling out to 30 yards with the bulk being within 20 yards. I've talked to Bradley with Foreverlast a few times and his customer service is 100% !!
            Yeah that Potentiometer (if that's the gizmo he gave me "incase I need it")

To speed up this or slow down that had me seeing cross-eyed when he was trying to explain it to me. I have it in my shed at the house and hope I don't find a reason to need it. Come to think of it it would be best to store it in the feeder timer housing incase I ever do need it.

I enjoy the theory of the product and cell pics are showing me it's still throwing (or the deer are eating rocks )

But, possibly needing to wire this "thing" in and set it up if the unit "needs" it was getting way above the Keep it Simple Stupid philosophy.

I hope I never need it, but if I do I can see a phone call in my future to have its purpose re explained.

What I remember from the subject- if you aren't throwing for more than 4/5 seconds each throw you shouldn't need it.
            That's plenty for me as 4/5 second with this machine throws more corn than traditional units at the same time throw.

Comment

Yeah that Potentiometer (if that's the gizmo he gave me "incase I need it")

To speed up this or slow down that had me seeing cross-eyed when he was trying to explain it to me. I have it in my shed at the house and hope I don't find a reason to need it. Come to think of it it would be best to store it in the feeder timer housing incase I ever do need it.

I enjoy the theory of the product and cell pics are showing me it's still throwing (or the deer are eating rocks )

But, possibly needing to wire this "thing" in and set it up if the unit "needs" it was getting way above the Keep it Simple Stupid philosophy.

I hope I never need it, but if I do I can see a phone call in my future to have its purpose re explained.

What I remember from the subject- if you aren't throwing for more than 4/5 seconds each throw you shouldn't need it.
              That's plenty for me as 4/5 second with this machine throws more corn than traditional units at the same time throw.
              I have mine turned down to a 3 second spin and it slings plenty enough out.

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Not try to bump this thread, but thought this pic was funny.
                  At first I was wondering if it was rain when the pic came through.

Nope, corny rain

Comment

Not try to bump this thread, but thought this pic was funny.
                    At first I was wondering if it was rain when the pic came through.

Nope, corny rain

That thing will flat out throw the corn! Stay out of the way for certain!

Comment

Put mine out last weekend. It will sling it for sure. I am throwing 5 seconds

Comment

Working...
                      X