Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has it ever felt like you’ve gone back in time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man we’re gonna need some fresh blood on this site. Had no idea there were so many Geezers on here!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
      I think bout '86 would nail it! I was only 10 in '81.
      1965 works for me. Modern medicine and some conveniences, but none of the global warming, liberal laws, ambiguous gender training and snowflake whining. ReL men doing real jobs and families that stayed together.

Living in central texas now away from the big city. Huge stress relief.
      Windows open, keys in the truck and a gun on the table to shoot varmints

Big pig. Born 1958

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
        Growing up in Galveston, I remember when we moved out of the Magnolias (projects) into the BIG house on 21st and M1/2, it had an Attic fan and man was nice and cool at night, my room had a screened in balcony so i slept listening to the waves of the ocean every night,, i drive by sometime just to remember the good OL'DAYS if and when i get to make a trip down there

,, we used to ride the whole Island on our bike's, there was no were we did not go...
        Do you remember "Roddy's Steaks" at 17th and Seawall? That was my Uncle Roddy & Aunt Dorothy Adolphus' restaurant. They cooked hamburgers and BBQ during the day for the beach lunch crowd and steaks at night for the local crowd. The little restaurant was full of shoulder mounts that my uncle had killed all over North America and Africa.

They lived nearby on Ave. O. I would go down there in the summer with my grandmother. We would ride the Burlington train from Dallas to Houston then the Santa Fe train on into Galveston. I would ride on the Winnie & O bus down to my uncle's restaurant with my fishing pole. I would then walk across Seawall Blvd. and out onto one of the rock groins and fish all day. Fun times !!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

yes I do member,,, as well as Ginos there on 16th, sadly i left @ 14, and finished high school in the Great Town of Alvin, the yellowjackets...

Comment

55 model here. Left El Campo Texas in a 1950 Chevy and moved to Oak Forest

Comment

Working...
            X