Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fer pitchers

Comment

Good luck with the tracking, and good luck to everyone on this hunting trip.

Comment

Good luck, what on the menu?

Comment

Blood has been shed! X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Steaks and potatoes, whiskey and beer is on the menu for tonight with blood stained hands!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
              Steaks and potatoes, whiskey and beer is on the menu for tonight with blood stained hands!!!

Nice!

Comment

Busted my phone. Pics in the am. One each dead axis buck and doe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Borrowed camp phone so no pics til later but in a Krivoman on the ground. Have two axis bucks, on scimitar orynx and a group of wildebeest to entertain me so far this morning. A big boar came by but not into the feeder. He kinda messed things up feeding around for a while.
                  I don't know how many folks have been here but the facility is really nice and there are plenty of varied species.
                  When I shot the axis doe last night it didn't sound right and turns out I split the lower limb at the fade. Still, the arrow got through her and did the job but for now my TallTines recurve is toast
                  Last edited by DRT; 09-19-2020, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Sorry about your bow Gary; glad the shot still brought the doe down.
                    Last edited by Horsehide; 09-19-2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I may have a lead on some limbs.
                      I just let go of another arrow on an auodad ewe. Shot looked good and blood pouring as she left.

Comment

Looking forward to LDP’s

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I may have a lead on some limbs.
                          I just let go of another arrow on an auodad ewe. Shot looked good and blood pouring as she left.

Good luck, hope a short blood trail.

Comment

So I will say this...this is the bowhunting paradise I've dreamed about. Tim and his son Jake are some incredible people. They run a very fine operation. I hope to be a regular customer there and am already planning my next few trips back...yes multiple. I'm going to find a weekend to take my whole family there and I'm also going to take my former boss there. This place cuts no corners. It is a little slice of heaven on this earth.

DRT (Gary) and Tradtiger (Ellis) are some great guys to hang out with. They have quite some experience and know how to fling arrows. Great companions and the type of guys you can immediately feel at home with.

Unfortunately, I cut the trip short and went home a day early. I've been away from my kiddos and wife more than I have been with them due to my career in medicine. I picked up an entire week of ER work out of town and have to be on the road Sunday afternoon, so I decided to go get some quality time with them for 24hrs before I once again leave.

As far as the hunting- this place is total 1200ac of high fence. It is NOT a gimme hunt. The game is plentiful but they are very wild and will not give you multiple chances to slip up.

The kills- I ended up killing a MAGNIFICENT Axis buck on my third sit...with my compound bow. Why the compound? I have not had any time to dedicate the proper practice with my recurve that is needed to ethically kill (confidently) game. That being said, I did spend some time shooting and performed very well...well enough that I will be shifting away from compound hunting. Thanks to Tim, Jake, Gary and Ellis I have a new found interest in dedicating my time to Trad hunting. With the practice at camp, I was shooting well enough to go after a ram, but we could not locate them. I'm hoping to go back within the next few weeks to get on this monster ram with my trad bow...the whole point of originally going on this hunt.

Food was great, game was plentiful and this was a weekend that turned out to be better than I had thought possible.

Comment

Kill count when I left:

Jmh05: Axis buck rough score 34" main beams
                              DRT: Axis doe- beautiful hide and best meat available

Sounds like an aoudad ewe to be confirmed- very jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                                Good luck guys!!!

Jeremy, where are you from? I live in Sonora. From your first post, I gather we might be west Tx neighbors!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Bisch, sorry we missed you this weekend. I'm in Water Valley, just north of San Angelo. It only took me about 1.5hrs to get from London Oaks to Angelo. I'm really looking forward to coming back soon and often.

Comment

Working...
                                X