No announcement yet.

Lake Dunlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worry same was said for Livingston about 3 years ago looks pretty muddy to me.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about how they are getting the boats out of those lifts? If they are?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about how they are getting the boats out of those lifts? If they are?

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
          I saw a video on IG of them getting a big ol mastercraft out through the front of the lift...

Basicaly:
          They hung the boat from the rafters.
          Removed cradle from beneath.
          Backed trailer in from the front of the dock
          It was sskettttchy but pretty ingenious.

It was also the black xstar that's for sale in the area currently.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            Well, if this whole mess weren't bad enough, turns out it's a little worse than, that previously known.

Today TPW released a list of four new lakes that are infested or contaminated with zebra mussels. Guess which lake is on that list?

I don't know how TPW can claim that only Dunlap had zebra mussels, not much of anything keeping them from going down stream, before the dam failed. If they were in Dunlap, they were in every body of water down stream of Dunlap before the dam failed. Now, likely there are a lot of them down stream of Dunlap.

Something else to gossip about.
            They are already in everybody of water prior to Dunlap. Canyon has had them for several years. Every time water is released from canyon. they go down stream.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
              I saw a video on IG of them getting a big ol mastercraft out through the front of the lift...

Basicaly:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bo...896657921.html
              I would love to see that.

Comment

Basicaly:

$205K for a little Mastercraft? Geezus. Can you post that IG link?

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                  When the whole state was in serious drought about 10 years ago when all the lakes were seriously down. They drained water from Lake Lavon (drinking water) to help keep Lake Ray Hubbard full. Why would they do that? To keep all the MILLIONAIRES who live on that shore lines wallets happy by keeping their values up on their properties. They will fix the **** so the rich stay happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I can assure you with 110% accuracy that Lavon absolutely did not release water into Lake Ray Hubbard during the drought. That is a popular misconception of many people around Lavon. I’ve heard it my entire life and fish Lavon and drink it’s water.

Both lakes were extremely low, Ray Hubbard was at an all time record low.

Both lakes are operated by different authorities, each with their own water rights permits granted by the state. NTMWD will not give the City of Dallas water from Lavon.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    No offense to wakeboard/skiers but I hate y’all lol most of them on lake placid are just extremely rude and will get within feet of you.
                    Some of the lakes, out near Abilene have banned wakeboarding...

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                      Some of the lakes, out near Abilene have banned wakeboarding...

I wish they would ban skiers and wake boarding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but are those boats really $205K or some specialty deal for the anniversary??

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Pardon my ignorance, but are those boats really $205K or some specialty deal for the anniversary??

I just looked them up and it appears so!!! What a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            There 26’ Pavati is closer to 300. Probably about as high end as you can go on wakeboard boat.

Comment

Bad deal

Comment

Do those dewsh bag boats come with the white frame sunglasses and affliction shirt?

Comment

Working...
                                X