No announcement yet.

2021 Houston Astro’s Official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven’t kept up with things. Who is the closer this year, Pressley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Haven’t kept up with things. Who is the closer this year, Pressley?

Yea. They havnt really said but it’s being assumed. Abreu is back and noticeably lighter. Looking really good.

Comment

Yesterday I bought some tickets to go see the game with the family in April. First game in almost two years!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
          The astros have offered lance a long term deal. Don’t know the specifics but they are in deep talks.

I can’t find specifics either. I’ve seen 4 for $40mm and 5 for $80mm lol. Quite a big gap, so I’m curious what the final will be. I think Rosenthal reported it as being already agreed on and closed. But that’s Rosenthal...

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
            I can’t find specifics either. I’ve seen 4 for $40mm and 5 for $80mm lol. Quite a big gap, so I’m curious what the final will be. I think Rosenthal reported it as being already agreed on and closed. But that’s Rosenthal...

Lol both those I saw were fake accounts trying to go viral. I haven’t seen any numbers yet. If they can close out soon that gives them a week to focus on Carlitos.

Comment

Lol both those I saw were fake accounts trying to go viral. I haven’t seen any numbers yet. If they can close out soon that gives them a week to focus on Carlitos.

Yes it was a Jon Heyman fake account

Comment

Makes sense why I couldn’t verify it then lol

Comment

Done deal! 5 year extension. Haven’t heard about how much yet👍👍

Comment

The Astros have agreed to a five-year contract extension with right-hander Lance McCullers Jr. Get details on his new deal at MLB Trade Rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                      Done deal! 5 year extension. Haven’t heard about how much yet[emoji106][emoji106]

[emoji1377][emoji1377][emoji1377] love it. Lance is ready! He built up to a 90 pitch simulated game today. Said he is ready... first time in a while he hasn’t been rehabbing. Expect great things early with him

Comment

Correa turned down 120 million 6 year.. no traction but still time.

Comment

Correa turned down 120 million 6 year.. no traction but still time.

That tells me they don’t trust him to stay healthy to justify a long term big deal. They are going to roll the dice since the SS FA class is so strong. I would love to see him remain an Astro. He is the true leader of that team IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            That tells me they don’t trust him to stay healthy to justify a long term big deal. They are going to roll the dice since the SS FA class is so strong. I would love to see him remain an Astro. He is the true leader of that team IMO.

I think it was a starting place, trying to get some value back similar to the Bregman and Altuve extension, but Correa is going to want it all. 6 for 200 should get it done and let’s him get another contract at 30 yrs old. They will have 90-100 million available next year for free agents.

Comment

Opening day... can’t wait but hate the west coast games. They were still talking to Correa as of last night but doubtful they come to a deal. Lindor just signed for 10 years 341 million. I just don’t think Crane/Click will do a 10 yr deal. They tend to like the 5 range... either way we will have an answer later and another year of stros ball coming

Comment

The good news is Correa will have a monster year, they always do when the contract is up.

Comment

Working...
                                X