No announcement yet.

Dance Halls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Hall is a neat old school dance hall. We are fortunate to live very close to Floores Country Store but I wouldn’t consider it a traditional dance hall any longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gandergitter View Post
      Old Coupland Dance hall is awesome.

Miss me some Eddies in Manvel.
      Also miss the Hall of Fame in Bryan.
      Hall of Fame was fun. Harry's just north of campus was a good time depending on what your target was. 25 cent drinks on thursday nights!

Comment

Many years ago my parents would bring us to the IOwa Colony community center. People of all ages were there dancing.

Comment

spent lots of weekend nights rotating between West Fraternal, Linden Hall and Elk hall when growing up around Waco. Cherokee Rose and The Country Drifters where the hot bands then and there were lots of ladies to dance with. West fraternal is gone now. Not sure about the others. None of them check ID real hard back in the day.
          Last edited by bullhead44; 08-26-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Restless Heart is scheduled to play at the Cotton Club the end of September but I believe is sold out. Diamond Rio is scheduled in mid October

Comment

We ran Sun Valley, now a church. Schroeder. still have a metal beer pitcher. Swiss Alps, Hilje when it was a wood building, Taiten and New Bewla (cant spell it it was in Colorado county. This was from 69 on. O the tails I can tell. The girls went to dance and the boys went to fight of course me being the fine upstanding ypung man I was I refraimed from such activities. But I still cant dance.

Comment

My quote from the Beer Joint thread:

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I used to enjoy London Hall when we hunted out near Junction. Lots of history there, and at one time it was the oldest, continuing open dance hall in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                  London Hall is a neat old school dance hall. We are fortunate to live very close to Floores Country Store but I wouldn’t consider it a traditional dance hall any longer.

We live near Floore’s and still go a couple times a month. There’s a few nights that it still feels like a good ole dance hall, but I agree with you for the most part.

Comment

Man the times we had at the Stage Coach Ballroom in Fort Worth.

Comment

I grew up going to the free Sunday dances and spent a lot of time in Floores before they turned it into a concert venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        My quote from the Beer Joint thread:

Burnadell - I looked it up and apparently Gruene Hall is the oldest dance hall in Texas. Either way, I think London is a place to see if you’re in the area on a Saturday night!

Comment

Guess I'm old but made a few trips to Panther Hall late 60's early 70's. Lived 150 miles away but hit the Hall if I made it to Ft. Worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                            There’s a wal mart there now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Saddens and kind of amuses me...

Comment

Gruene Hall is the oldest dance hall in Texas.
                              That is correct.

They just don't have dances on Friday and Saturday nights like they used to in the old KC Halls and such. Shame that.

Comment

Burnadell - I looked it up and apparently Gruene Hall is the oldest dance hall in Texas. Either way, I think London is a place to see if you’re in the area on a Saturday night!

Seriously, when I went there, London Hall was the oldest dancehall that was in continuous operation at the time. Gruene Hall was closed for a period of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X