Dance Halls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dance Halls

Do any of you guys or gals still go to good old country and western dance halls? It doesn't seem like there are too many left. Last one I went to was Luckenbach (which totally sucked), and Schroeder Hall before that.

It closed a long time ago but- man the debonair was hard to beat. Try lee’s in Terrell.

Comment

Greene Dance Hall. Been a while though.

Comment

Makes me think about Eddies down in Manvel. It's been closed for a while now. Sure miss that place though.

Comment

YEARS back it was the REO PALM ISLE in Longview. All the big names played there, usually on Friday nights. Every once in a while we would make the trip to the Orange Blossom in Mt. Pleasant.

Comment

Kendalia Dance Hall in Kendalia (Open Once a monty)
            Twin Sisters Dance Hall just south of Blanco (Open once a month)
            Coupland Inn and Dance Hall in Coupland
            The Cotton Club in Granger

These are all still open and great little dance halls.

Comment

My favorite is Cotton club in Granger. There every couple weeks

Comment

Lots mentioned in here...

Comment

Hall of fame before it was the hall of flame... havnt been in over 20+ years not even sure its still a thing...probably not...
                  Used to be a regular for mo bandy, asleep at the wheel, etc.. good times

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Hall of fame before it was the hall of flame... havnt been in over 20+ years not even sure its still a thing...probably not...

There’s a wal mart there now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked it up on google maps and sure enough. No longer the Hall of Fame. Its a Walmart. I'm getting old

Comment

Have not been to any in long time. most ones I went to when I was young around Houston area are gone. Had a good time at one by lake Buchanan called partners last time I drove that way it looked like it was still open.

Comment

Old Coupland Dance hall is awesome.

Miss me some Eddies in Manvel.
                          Also miss the Hall of Fame in Bryan.

Comment

The one in Granger is ok, but small. Without any other choices, we go to the Sons of Hermann in Bryan (when a good band is playing.)

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                              There’s a wal mart there now
                              Yeah, if you mean the Hall of Fame here in B/CS there is a Walmart there now. My buddy was the drummer for the Hall of Fame Gang, the house band. Went there a whole lot. I do miss that place.

Comment

Working...
                              X