polymer ARs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polymer ARs

Anyone have experience with them? Local gun shop has polymer lowers on sale relatively cheap. Says he built one up and the fit was as good as an aluminum lower and the rifle has performed flawlessly so far.

Why when you can get a much stronger aluminum one for 39 dollars?

Plenty of polymers have failed. Not worth it to me.

Comment

Not worth the cost savings. You can get an aluminum lower for under $50 now and there’s no benefits to a plastic lower, only reduced strength and durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only if you’re trying to build a 3# AR and every gram matters.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
          Not worth the cost savings. You can get an aluminum lower for under $50 now and there’s no benefits to a plastic lower, only reduced strength and durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That’s where I am.

Comment

polymer ARs

If your goal is a cheap lower, there are plenty of aluminum lowers that are priced as cheap or cheaper than polymer lowers.

Anderson lowers are regularly under $40 and I’ve seen them at $30 from time to time.

I think Aim Surplus has Aero Precision lowers at $60 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have often wondered about the metal reinforced lowers for wieght savings.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                I have often wondered about the metal reinforced lowers for wieght savings.
                I think I’d just eat my Wheaties and deal with the extra 6 ounces.

Comment

I have a 2 piece polymer lower you can buy from me. Besides the two-piece part, it has worked flawlessly.

buy an anderson or a blem if you want cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                    I have a 2 piece polymer lower you can buy from me. Besides the two-piece part, it has worked flawlessly.

buy an anderson or a blem if you want cheap!
                    It’s a takedown model

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                      I think I’d just eat my Wheaties and deal with the extra 6 ounces.
                      Your post made me look it up lol. new frontier poly lower is 4.5oz, milspec alum lower is 8.5oz.
                      So 4oz. Lighter. Not worth it in my opinion, unless you are (like I said earlier) trying to build a crazy light gun where you don’t care about longevity.
                      I built an ultralight on a 2A Armament Balios set and love it. Stripped weight on it is 6.5oz. So right between the two.

Comment

non aluminum lower

i have to disagree... and BTW until i bought this one , i would have agreed. but now this is my go to rifle PERIOD! now this is not just a polymer lower , its a nylon reinforced polymer complete system including grip and stock. it weighs nothing , it's 100% tight with no rattling or movement whatsoever. the buffer tube inside is uber quiet and smooth. and the whole gun minus the scope is just over 5 lbs. I had an ultra light barrel made by delta company arms in 300 blk . and its shoots phenomenal the upper is an innovative arms W.A.R receiver , and i can turn the gas off at a turn of a button , run full gas , or suppressed. i run an SAS arbiter titanium can on it and it balances great. I put a flat trigger in it that breaks at 2lbs. the original it came with was ok , but the gun is so light it needed more refinement, it dropped right in. any of my friends who have seen it say... *** ??? then they pick it up, say *** again... then they shoot it ... and then they want one. it's like my remington titanium 260. they just think it's fake at first. now i've seen just polymer lowers and i'm not a fan of those as they still mate to aluminum parts ... but this lower is just one piece rigid pure amazing IMHO. i love this Gwacs armory lower . I run a trijicon reap-ir on it at night and shoot lehigh control chaos copper bullets... pigs don't stand a chance! and you can carry it all night without needing a gym membership ...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                          i have to disagree... and BTW until i bought this one , i would have agreed. but now this is my go to rifle PERIOD! now this is not just a polymer lower , its a nylon reinforced polymer complete system including grip and stock. it weighs nothing , it's 100% tight with no rattling or movement whatsoever. the buffer tube inside is uber quiet and smooth. and the whole gun minus the scope is just over 5 lbs. I had an ultra light barrel made by delta company arms in 300 blk . and its shoots phenomenal the upper is an innovative arms W.A.R receiver , and i can turn the gas off at a turn of a button , run full gas , or suppressed. i run an SAS arbiter titanium can on it and it balances great. I put a flat trigger in it that breaks at 2lbs. the original it came with was ok , but the gun is so light it needed more refinement, it dropped right in. any of my friends who have seen it say... *** ??? then they pick it up, say *** again... then they shoot it ... and then they want one. it's like my remington titanium 260. they just think it's fake at first. now i've seen just polymer lowers and i'm not a fan of those as they still mate to aluminum parts ... but this lower is just one piece rigid pure amazing IMHO. i love this Gwacs armory lower . I run a trijicon reap-ir on it at night and shoot lehigh control chaos copper bullets... pigs don't stand a chance! and you can carry it all night without needing a gym membership ...

As shown above, 4oz ain’t gonna make that much of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

GWAC/cav arms lowers are legit. They are built totally different than all the other poly flowers, as in they aren't total garbage lol

Comment

Not tryin to go cheap. Was just wondering, is all. Tryin to get info on 'em. Thanks for all the info and thanks to the couple guys who have owned them and replied. Was the kind of info I was lookin for.

Comment

Working...
                              X