No announcement yet.

Toyota Tacoma question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a Tundra. Son has a Taco and he wishes he had gotten a Tundra like mine.

Comment

I ordered the 6’ bed in a SR5 4x4. Love it. Great little truck. Put a 2” lever in the front and running 265-75-R16s and I’m pleased with the look and the drive.

Comment

I got a 2019 long bed four door off road in September. I like it. I like the way my transmission shifts in my 2007 better but it has just under 300K miles and the 2019 is more comfortable and up to date.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
          Put a diamondback bed cover on it and you’ll be able to put coolers and other stuff on top and pack the bed with bags and cases. Added bonus is the ability to lock the cover for those gas station stops while loaded down with expensive gear

I have been looking at this for a Tundra. Pricey, but look well built. How hard is it to remove if you need to haul something like a 4 wheeler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
            I have been looking at this for a Tundra. Pricey, but look well built. How hard is it to remove if you need to haul something like a 4 wheeler?

Mine is on a Super Duty so a little different but it’s the best money I’ve ever spent on an accessory for my truck!

Comment

The bed on the new tacos are a little deeper than the gen 1 you had so if you need a lid on it a few more things will fit. I would recommend the six foot bed if you're concerned about space. Be sure to test drive one because the transmission searches like crazy. I've heard you can fix that with a module called Shift Sense but having to add this to make the transmission function correctly is ridiculous. I feel they are also a little underpowered and poor fuel mileage for a six. Can't dispute the reliability and resale though.
              Last edited by bowhunting1; 02-14-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I bought an '09 with a 6ft bed and camper shell in August. The bed is plenty big for my needs. I've fit three kayaks and fishing gear on a couple coast trips already. It's the perfect vehicle for my current lifestyle. However, I can definitely see myself upgrading to a Tundra in the future when I have a family and need more space.

Comment

I had a Taco with the 3.5L. The transmission is horrible on that thing and likes to gear hunt. I came from an F-250 to a Taco and had it about a year and half. Traded it for a Tundra. Should have bought the Tundra in the first place like my wife said I suggested in the first place.

Comment

I had an ‘18 Off Road. Good little rig but the 3.5 is a gutless sucker...

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post

They have two models. The standard and heavy duty. Standard which is what I have can haul 400lbs on top. The heavy duty can haul 1600 I believe. They are marketed to have 4 wheelers and SxS on them. Best money I have spent on my truck.

To answer your removal question. Took me ~45 min for initial install. I bet I could do it in 20-25 now that I know what I’m doing. It’s two bolts.

Comment

Toyota Tacoma question

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                        I had an ‘18 Off Road. Good little rig but the 3.5 is a gutless sucker...

Yeah, don’t get the point of the 3.5. I chipped my 2012 4.0 and it’s night and day compared to the Gen 3 - 3.5s. The reading I’ve done on the Gen3 is that the gearing in the rear in Fd. A few guys are swapping them out to take advantage of the greater HP in the 3.5.
                        Last edited by Gherkin05; 02-14-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

The bed space is the reason I made a rack to haul coolers above the rest of the stuff

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Everyone seems to like the 4.0 over the 3.5 from what I hear.

I had a long bed taco and only got rid of it too get a bigger truck that hauled the boats better.

Fast forward years later and we have a lifted suburban and a lifted 4runner. Love the 4runner.

My taco had an ARE shell on it but I feel the 4runner is more functional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive 2019 off road 4x4 at work and love it. If this was my personal truck I would have the long bed. I do notice transmission hunt when the cruise is set over 75 and hitting a bunch of hills and over passes. Other than that I love it.

Comment

I’m driving a 2019 Tacoma 4d w/ short bed. I came from a 2001 f250 4 full size 4d, so I was worried about bed size and cab size. Both have been fine so far. Only complaint is that I have less wiggle room backing trailers, which is a little difficult. That’s partly me just being a fatso.

Comment

Working...
                                X