Begara B14 Ridge Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Begara B14 Ridge Shooters

If you have experience with this rifle, what is your feedback on it? It offers the caliber I am leaning towards, good weigh, price I can live with, and threaded barrel.

I own 5 different bergaras and I love every single one of them. Remington 700 platform so it’s the AR of the bolt action world as far as customization.

My only complaint is the coating on the barrels are not great. So you will probably want to get it cerakoted if you plan on hunting with it in humid or wet conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got one in a 7 mag that will shoot 1/2 in groups all day long with regular old 150 gr Rem Core Lokts. First ammo I tried and it shot great so I've stuck with it. I've tinkered around with so many rifles trying to find ammo they like. It was so easy with the Bergara.

Comment

I’ve got the B14 Ridge in the 6.5 Creed. Deadly accurate with the little heavier barrel, but barrel will hold up better in the long run. Thinking of cutting barrel from 22” to 18” just to make a tad lighter. Have a muzzle break on the barrel and there is basically no recoil.

Sweet shooting fun and caliber. Highly recommend. Shooting 140 gr. Ammo.

Comment

I have one in .308 great gun shot good with the first load I tried
          Haven’t loaded anything else. Killed a pig and a doe. No complaints from either animal

Comment

I love mine. I bought the bergara brake for it. Haven’t touched the trigger, it seemed fine to me. I like the touch to the stock but I wish I could have gotten it in green

Comment

They are pretty dang nice

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                I love mine. I bought the bergara brake for it. Haven’t touched the trigger, it seemed fine to me. I like the touch to the stock but I wish I could have gotten it in green
                I really like the new Wilderness lineup with cerakoted barrel, but I cannot find them anywhere. Which caliber do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                  I really like the new Wilderness lineup with cerakoted barrel, but I cannot find them anywhere. Which caliber do you have?
                  I just got the HMR - it's heavy. Now I want the wilderness for a NM/CO mule deer hunt we're talking about in 2021.

Comment

I contacted Bergara about when they would be available. They said end of first quarter of 2020.

Comment

Mentioned these on my 300WSM thread (but for the Wilderness hunter I’ll happily shoot 300wm.
                      I have found them referenced as a new model for 2020. So I’m not even sure if they’re out yet. But it is everything that I’m looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                        I contacted Bergara about when they would be available. They said end of first quarter of 2020.
                        Perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          Perfect!
                          Wilderness models are available now!

Comment

I own one in a 7 mag. I didn’t have a large caliber rifle and didn’t want a pounder like the 300. But. After suppressing the 7 I should have got the 300 just because. With that said it has done everything I wanted. Weight isn’t a big deal. I biked all over lacuna atascosa for three days.

Accuracy was great. 1/2 moa. At 200. With a Barnes. I can’t shoot any better so that’s fine by me. Action is good. Trigger is good. I won’t replace it with anything. Stock is a little chinchy. Got some rash from packing it around on a backpack. I’d imagine with a good bedded stock and handloads that the stock rifle will shoot a ragged hole. I’m happy with the gun and would recommend it

Comment

I’ll add this. After three days around the salt at Laguna. And even wiping the gun down each day. It tried to flash rust for about 2 months. I would check it every couple days and would have to wipe it down again. Weirdest thing. But it finally stopped. Only the exterior. Inside was never an issue. If they have a threaded barrel now that’s coated I’d go that route

Comment

Working...
                              X