No announcement yet.

Wisdom Teeth Extraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told for years that I needed expensive oral surgery to extract my wisdom teeth that were causing problems. Even with insurance it was a lot of money. I changed dentists coincidentally when our insurance changed and on my first visit the lady dentist, she said you really should have those wisdom teeth pulled out. I told her my story and she said I can pull those out now. Hour and a half later I was at home.
    Last edited by Chew; 02-14-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I was told for years that I needed expensive oral surgery to extract my wisdom teeth that were causing problems. Even with insurance it was a lot of money. I changed dentists coincidentally when our insurance changed and on my first visit the lady dentist, she said you really should have those wisdom teeth pulled out. I told her my story and she said I can pull those out now. Hour and a half later I was at home.
      Elk ivory!

Comment

At 19 I had all 4 pulled. Well 2 pulled and 2 cut/broke out. I was put under so didn’t fell anything. Woke up went home and slept a couple hours. Was back at work the next day taking only over the counter meds every couple hrs the first day. Just follow the after care instruction so you don’t get a dry socket or bust it open. You will be fine.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I'm scheduled for feb 23rd.. all 4 coming out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
            Worst thing I have ever had done, I could not move my jaw for 4 days, was bleeding nonstop. The bright side I lost 16 pounds.

Now, my best friend was eating a hamburger the same day as his surgery.

Affects everyone different I guess because we went to the same Doctor.
            I had it bad also, but everyone else I know said it was no big deal, I guess I'm just a panzy

Comment

The pain with mine before the surgery was more than the pain after. Warm salt water easy rinses after for a few days.

Comment

I had mine out when I was a teenager. They put me under. I was pretty sore for 3-4 days.

Comment

Wisdom Teeth Extraction

Just do it. I had all of them out at once and impacted so they were cut out. I didn’t eat much for solid food for a week but was back at work the next day.

And do the sedation, you’ll thank me later...
                  Last edited by nursejenn; 02-14-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                    Chose this because it's only $376 to do extraction with numbing agent and laughing gas vs. $1145 for sedation and extraction. Obviously this is all after insurance. Cant afford that.

Oral Surgeon here and you’ve gotten some pretty good comments. Of course everyone is different, but age is one of the biggest risk factors for difficulty. Almost always harder as you get older. I guess I’m biased, but I would also recommend an oral surgeon and sedation. Just makes everything smoother, faster, more comfortable, and that translates to less pain, less swelling, faster recovery. Seems like maybe your insurance isn’t covering sedation? Based on the figures above, that would be my guess. It is usually covered, but there are so many different plans these days and some don’t cover it. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions. You’ll do fine!!

Comment

Working...
                    X