Wisdom Teeth Extraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
    I had all four of mine pulled at once. They put me under though. Bleeding was minimal for a couple of hours. Little to no pain afterwards. At the end of the day I went to Sonic and got a double meat with tator tots. I'm pretty sure that's not the norm though.
    Very similar to my experience.

Comment

So I was told mine have grown into my sinus cavity. I've had regular occurring headaches for about 6 months, and was told this was the cause. Anyone ever had theirs grow into the sinus cavity? How bad is the recovery?

Comment

Why would you choose to stay conscious during this procedure?

Comment

They just numbed mine and popped them out I went back to work that day. It was a couple hundred bucks vs a couple thousand to be sedated out of pocket. But it all depends on the roots on how bad it will be.

Comment

I appreciate the responses guys. It gives me a little better idea of what to expect. Obviously not excited about this, but it beats having an issue 80+miles offshore with nothing to do for the pain. Thanks for everything and I'll keep yall posted after extraction March 31

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              Why would you choose to stay conscious during this procedure?
              Chose this because it's only $376 to do extraction with numbing agent and laughing gas vs. $1145 for sedation and extraction. Obviously this is all after insurance. Cant afford that.

Comment

If I had it to do over again I would have done it at 18 instead of 33. Mine hurt for two months. Miserable first two weeks.

Comment

I had mine done with local. Not bad at all. Got it done on my way to go fishing. Just be careful not to get dry socket.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                    Chose this because it's only $376 to do extraction with numbing agent and laughing gas vs. $1145 for sedation and extraction. Obviously this is all after insurance. Cant afford that.
                    You should be good with local and gas, i had mine done 20 years ago that way and didnt really have issues. Rinse with ST37 twice a day and go on about life.

Comment

Have them knock you out. So much easier. If you don't get dry socket it will be a smooth recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                        Nitrous will help a lot but man, if you can save up that extra $700 it might be well worth it

Comment

Had them knock me out to do all 4 of mine at 30ish years old. I was fine the first day but then got severe dry socket on my bottom two. It completely changes the game in terms of pain and recovery. I didn’t break any rules, just happened. Good luck to you!

Comment

I had all 4 done at the dental medical school in San Antonio for $16.00. They are always looking for patients to work on. I did get a dry socket on the one the instructor did and it hurt like hell. Try not to spit and you won't get a dry socket just wipe your mouth out instead. Good luck if you don't get a dry socket you'll be fine but just take it easy for a few days

Comment

I had it done, not bad. But I’m a wimp when it comes to mouth pain. Nothing worse!!

Comment

I was about 20 when I had mine out. My entire head hurt and my dentist couldn't figure out why. Changed dentists and in 5 mins he told me my wisdoms had to come out. I had been in intense pain for 2 months eating every kind of pain pill I could get my hands on like candy, with no relief.
                                Got in the chair, they put an iv in and dripped valium, and they could have removed my brain for all I cared. Took about 4 hours as none of them were exposed. No pain during, but an hour after intense pain for the rest of the day. I ate soup for 3 days and then I could do beef stew. After a week I could eat anything. Best of all, the intense pain in my skull was gone. Warm salt water rinse was ecstasy. There is no way I would consider doing that again while full awake. And the sounds of breaking tooth and flesh was incredible, but with the iv valium, no big deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X