Wisdom Teeth Extraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisdom Teeth Extraction

I know there are a couple of threads regarding whether or not to keep them. I've decided to have all 4 removed trying to be proactive as I dont want them effecting me when I'm offshore in the middle of my hitch with 20 days left of pain. All that being said, what can I expect? I'm not doing sedation, just simple numbing agent and pull. Will it hurt, how long does it take, does it bleed alot, how much pain will I be in after, how soon before I can eat regular food?

Any and all manly man remarks keep to yourself, I'm genuinely concerned and want to know what to expect.
    Thanks all.

son had 2 pulled at marine boot camp. they gave him two aspirin. went on a 10 mile hump that afternoon.

Comment

Worst thing I have ever had done, I could not move my jaw for 4 days, was bleeding nonstop. The bright side I lost 16 pounds.

Now, my best friend was eating a hamburger the same day as his surgery.

Affects everyone different I guess because we went to the same Doctor.

Comment

I had all four of mine pulled at once. They put me under though. Bleeding was minimal for a couple of hours. Little to no pain afterwards. At the end of the day I went to Sonic and got a double meat with tator tots. I'm pretty sure that's not the norm though.

Comment

I'm 44, had 3 removed last year. Was painless, didn't bother me at all. Just felt weird for a few days.
          DON'T eat what your not supposed to.
          I'd get it done all over again. Wasnt as big of a deal as I thought it was going to be.

Comment

Mine were a night mare. roots curled slightly and dentist had to bread them piece by piece. No way would I opt to pull they after what I went thru. surgery and sleep is the way.

Comment

I had mine done at 25, surgery wasn't that bad because I was KTFO, I dont recommend trying to billybadazz through that one.

The worst part for me was the hellacious acid reflux from taking vicodin on an empty stomach for the next few days after.

Comment

It wasn't so bad...until I got dry sockets. That was the 2nd worst pain I've ever experienced, behind kidney stones. I had all 4 extracted at one time. I was completely under for the procedure.
                Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 02-13-2020, 12:45 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

At the very least I'd recommend nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                    I know there are a couple of threads regarding whether or not to keep them. I've decided to have all 4 removed trying to be proactive as I dont want them effecting me when I'm offshore in the middle of my hitch with 20 days left of pain. All that being said, what can I expect? I'm not doing sedation, just simple numbing agent and pull. Will it hurt, how long does it take, does it bleed alot, how much pain will I be in after, how soon before I can eat regular food?

Any and all manly man remarks keep to yourself, I'm genuinely concerned and want to know what to expect.
                    Thanks all.
                    you're going to a lot of macho comments on here as well, is just laughable.
                    Anyway, I had all 4 of mine pulled at once. If I had to redo it it, would've just done one side at a time. Of course, mine were giving me problems with aching all the time. Was probably around 30 yrs old and they were firmly rooted. Bled for a few days after but I took care of the gums and it healed right up. Not much pain after either, took some Ibuprofen a day or two.

Comment

All I remember was waking up in the middle and doc standing over me with a hammer whooping on my teeth to break them up to get them out. Other than that, it was a breeze lol.

Comment

No sedation for me, didnt really hurt for about 5 dd's days then one got impacted( I believe that was the term they used) that hurt like hell for a couple days

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          All I remember was waking up in the middle and doc standing over me with a hammer whooping on my teeth to break them up to get them out. Other than that, it was a breeze lol.
                          Lol. I remember after I woke up I told the nurse/dental assistant that I loved her!

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                            Lol. I remember after I woke up I told the nurse/dental assistant that I loved her!
                            Hahaha! I had mine done back in my mid 20's and actually dated the assistant for a year!

Comment

Had mine pulled with just a local and went from the chair directly to the lake on a 4 day fishing trip. Spit some blood that first day but after that good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X