Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    Dang hate to hear that! Congrats on the new one though. I bet that hurt...
    Yeah but it's 18 years old.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Ordered a new Yamaha 200 today. Broke down yesterday on the lake.

That sucks!!!

Had to work for em today but still managed 5 qt bags and 14.74 on best 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        That sucks!!!

Had to work for em today but still managed 5 qt bags and 14.74 on best 7.
        Boo, I mean congrats

Looks like I may be free a bit tomorrow, thinking about going again...but midlake or north side.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Mine is a 2002, and Im pretty sure the electronics are worth more than the boat! ( but I love it )
          My boat is a 1986, and I KNOW my electronics cost more than my boat motor and trailer combined! 34 years old and still running, so far.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Yeah but it's 18 years old.

How long is the wait on a new one?

Comment

They have one in Beaumont. Beard marine had the best prices up in Texarkana

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                My boat is a 1986, and I KNOW my electronics cost more than my boat motor and trailer combined! 34 years old and still running, so far.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                I saw 2 chinamen in a plastic boat with a 3hp strung on the back.

On 6 foot of boat they had GPS trolling motor and a 10 or 12" screen depth finder. Wife and I pulled up and snatched fish out from under them. They left

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Put 100 extra large black crappie and 10 pounds of minnow in my stock tank today.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Little over 15 pounds today! One more trip tomorrow then I get to get some rest at the office!��

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      Put 100 extra large black crappie and 10 pounds of minnow in my stock tank today.

Where, is your stock tank?

J/k of course. If the tank is big enough, you should have a good harvest in 2 years.

Comment

Nice fish

Comment

Little over 15 pounds today! One more trip tomorrow then I get to get some rest at the office!��
                          Well I know where your not fishing [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Where, is your stock tank?

J/k of course. If the tank is big enough, you should have a good harvest in 2 years.
                            LOL right, This tank is in Normangee. Its 2.5 surface acres and ranges from 8-20 foot deep. Two years ago when it was dug I put several man made structures in different parts of the pond. We stocked it with several pounds of flathead minnows and several hundred small perch. each year we add several dozen pounds of minnows . The natural grass in the pond is doing great. I am really looking forward to having a good batch of Crappie in a couple years. With the amount of money it cost to dig a tank, add fish and feed them I could have bought a nice boat. However, this will be my honey hole and I won't have to get up early to beat anyone to it LOL.

Comment

LOL right, This tank is in Normangee. Its 2.5 surface acres and ranges from 8-20 foot deep. Two years ago when it was dug I put several man made structures in different parts of the pond. We stocked it with several pounds of flathead minnows and several hundred small perch. each year we add several dozen pounds of minnows . The natural grass in the pond is doing great. I am really looking forward to having a good batch of Crappie in a couple years. With the amount of money it cost to dig a tank, add fish and feed them I could have bought a nice boat. However, this will be my honey hole and I won't have to get up early to beat anyone to it LOL.
                              That sounds really nice. Any pics of the before and after of the lake. I enjoy that stuff

Comment

About time to get relegated to division 2....don't worry you can work your way back up![emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X