No announcement yet.

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord willing I will be taking the livescope out for its first run tomorrow. Trying to decide which part of Conroe I should target.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
      https://youtu.be/pFeMzdknhJc

Have you seen this

Dru! Whats you up to feller?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Lord willing I will be taking the livescope out for its first run tomorrow. Trying to decide which part of Conroe I should target.
        Report back!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Thanks man. What do you think about this color and set up? He just tied some like this the other day? I think they should be killer, looks alot like a minnow to me?
          Looks good.
          As for myself, I seem to have better luck with a shorter thicker tail.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3447.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	24607655

Comment

No sir. Is that you?
            No Bradley is a friend of mine and I worked with Matt when I was on the Bass Zone. I was amazed at the ability to target individual fish. It's changed the game for both crappie and bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Dru! Whats you up to feller?
              I'm good sir. Looking forward to some warm weather and fishing. I hope all is good with you.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                Report back!
                Livescope worked well. No problems. Fished a couple of brush piles on the south end of Conroe. Could see the fish when they came out of the brush, much harder to see them in the brush than on a tree or pillar. Not much timber where I was. Did check out the power line poles and could see them well.

Only problem is apparently even with livescope you still have to get them to bite

Only caught 7, plus one hybrid bass. Largest was 15" long, scale showed 2lb even. Thats a big one for me.

Should have gone to the north end timber.

Comment

Livescope worked well. No problems. Fished a couple of brush piles on the south end of Conroe. Could see the fish when they came out of the brush, much harder to see them in the brush than on a tree or pillar. Not much timber where I was. Did check out the power line poles and could see them well.

Only problem is apparently even with livescope you still have to get them to bite

Only caught 7, plus one hybrid bass. Largest was 15" long, scale showed 2lb even. Thats a big one for me.

Should have gone to the north end timber.
                  Stay out of there

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, I havent looked in about a year but what is the ballpark cost to get set up with the livescope now? Ive got a 17.5 bass tracker I use on a 850 acre lake. This will probably cost more than my boat is worth lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Stay out of there

What u tryin to say

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	24607723

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Guys, I havent looked in about a year but what is the ballpark cost to get set up with the livescope now? Ive got a 17.5 bass tracker I use on a 850 acre lake. This will probably cost more than my boat is worth lol.
                        Minimum retail now is about $1950. This includes the echomap 93sv plus, LVS32 transducer and GLS10 black box. Russell Marine and some others have been selling this package but the 93sv's are discontinued so the price will go up when you can only buy the new UHD model. I would also budget another $300 or so for mounts and install accessories depending on the setup you have now.

I think Garmin is doing a $200 rebate in February but not sure on the details or what you have to buy. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on a tracker (guess what i have a 2007 tracker!). I think you treat it like a budget for a gun and scope. gotta find the right balance.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Minimum retail now is about $1950. This includes the echomap 93sv plus, LVS32 transducer and GLS10 black box. Russell Marine and some others have been selling this package but the 93sv's are discontinued so the price will go up when you can only buy the new UHD model. I would also budget another $300 or so for mounts and install accessories depending on the setup you have now.

I think Garmin is doing a $200 rebate in February but not sure on the details or what you have to buy. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on a tracker (guess what i have a 2007 tracker!). I think you treat it like a budget for a gun and scope. gotta find the right balance.
                          Thank you. That's actually a lot less than I was expecting. My 2005 bass tracker has been flawless for me all these years. The only thing Ive had to replace or repair was a worn out live well pump. And that took all of about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Thank you. That's actually a lot less than I was expecting. My 2005 bass tracker has been flawless for me all these years. The only thing Ive had to replace or repair was a worn out live well pump. And that took all of about 10 minutes.
                            Mine is a 2002, and Im pretty sure the electronics are worth more than the boat! ( but I love it )

Comment

Mine is a 2002, and Im pretty sure the electronics are worth more than the boat! ( but I love it )
                              Ordered a new Yamaha 200 today. Broke down yesterday on the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                Ordered a new Yamaha 200 today. Broke down yesterday on the lake.

Dang hate to hear that! Congrats on the new one though. I bet that hurt...

Comment

Working...
                                X