82nd: Wheels up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82nd: Wheels up

This has the potential to make JTF-LA look like a water balloon fight.

The Pentagon has ordered the 82nd Airborne Division’s Immediate Response Force to deploy to the D.C.-area amid rioting across the nation, according to multiple sources on background.

The force is the same one that deployed earlier this year to quell violent Iran-backed protests in Iraq.

Mixed opinions about this. If Obama has made this move, the outrage on the right would be palpable. We would be yelling he’s in objection to posse comitatus.

I think the National Guard is more than capable to have dealt with this. Guess we will see how this shakes out. But it won’t end well.

Comment

If Obama would have called the 82nd to put an end to Antifa's terrorist riots, I would not have been upset with him. I would have been shocked that he was actually on the right side of it, but I wouldn't have been mad at him. It's beyond ridiculous what is going on, and the punk rioters need to be shut down hard.
      Last edited by Shane; 06-01-2020, 07:11 PM.

Comment

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          If Obama would have called the 82nd to put an end to Antifa's terrorist riots, I would not have been upset with him. I would have been shocked that he was actually on the right side of it, but I wouldn't have been mad at him. It's beyond ridiculous what is going on, and the punk rioters need to be shut down hard.
          This

Comment

^ this

Comment

When have we ever deployed federal troops within our own borders for civil le? Is there a legal method for fed troops to take up arms against their own citizens? Sounds good at first but....

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Mixed opinions about this. If Obama has made this move, the outrage on the right would be palpable. We would be yelling he’s in objection to posse comitatus.

I think the National Guard is more than capable to have dealt with this. Guess we will see how this shakes out. But it won’t end well.

Obama didn’t have the balls!!! They are in his husband, Michael’s, purse!

Comment

The problem is the local guys aren’t getting it done and I understand their conundrum
                  How many cops want to take action against black protesters

Not sure if national guard would be more effective under these circumstances

It’s not a precedent we want to see but something has to be done to regain control or its going to be left to private citizens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

And destroy his own creation, that I'm sure he is very proud of at the moment??? Ppppffttt..

Comment

Shoot straight!

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                        When have we ever deployed federal troops within our own borders for civil le? Is there a legal method for fed troops to take up arms against their own citizens? Sounds good at first but....
                        We haven’t, in fact it is expressly illegal u see the Posse Comitatus Act of 1806, theInsurrection Act of 1807 provides for some wiggle room. The latter requires the request of the Governor. But DC isn’t a state and has no Governor, so I guess it’s a bit of a gray area.

I’ll be the odd man out on this, I think this a bad play for US Citizen rights and I think it’s a bad play for Trump politically. He is the CiC, if Americans die, the blood will be on his hands.

The National Guard was more than capable to handle this, but they needed to have the latitude to operate appropriately.

With all the anti federal overreach spewed here I find it hypocritical to endorse this.

And y’all are full of crap saying you would have supported Obama in ANYTHING. Except maybe Shane, he seems like the most consistent even keeled person on this board

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          We haven’t, in fact it is expressly illegal u see the Posse Comitatus Act of 1806, theInsurrection Act of 1807 provides for some wiggle room. The latter requires the request of the Governor. But DC isn’t a state and has no Governor, so I guess it’s a bit of a gray area.

I’ll be the odd man out on this, I think this a bad play for US Citizen rights and I think it’s a bad play for Trump politically. He is the CiC, if Americans die, the blood will be on his hands.

The National Guard was more than capable to handle this, but they needed to have the latitude to operate appropriately.

With all the anti federal overreach spewed here I find it hypocritical to endorse this.

And y’all are full of crap saying you would have supported Obama in ANYTHING. Except maybe Shane, he seems like the most consistent even keeled person on this board

I am in total agreeance. I can’t see deploying military against US citizens good in any way.

Comment

Federal troops were deployed to Arkansas in the 50's for desegregation. Detroit in the 60's for the riots there. Again in the 90's for the LA riots.

I'm not saying its a good idea, I'm just saying that its been done before. If you'd like to go down the rabbit hole, figure out who our AG was during the Rodney King/LA stuff, and compare that to who our AG is today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              I am in total agreeance. I can’t see deploying military against US citizens good in any way.

This opens up a lot of possibilities for "demorats" in the future. What I would truly like to see happen is more people protecting themselves and their property.

Once the calm returns people are going to see the benefit of having police around as well as having the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X