Ground Blinds mass production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Blinds mass production

A bunch of the old carpet blinds at Tres Coyotes were getting in bad shape. We took it upon our selves to replace them with more permanent models. I've been playing with this idea for a while and we finally put the plan in action.

I originally planned an octagon but changed to a hexagon with 6 sides. We cut 2x4's down for frame material and put pre-cut hardee backer boards on wood frames for side panels. Laid up a jig for geodesic triangular roof and fiberglassed the roofs. Massed produced panels with one door panel, 3 window panels and 2 solid panels for each blind. Ordered "Deer View" hinged windows and finished up the prototype.

The blinds will be hauled to ranch as stacked panels and roofs and will be assembled on site. Notice that the door is 16 inches off ground. We will dig a 12-14" deep hole to set blinds in and the door will be right above ground level. 6 1/2 foot tall blind will be a hair over 5 feet tall in the woods. We will completely cover each blind with cedar brush.

Going West next week to install blinds. I'll send pictures of the set-up and the finished product.
    Attached Files

That my friends is a production line...well done sir. Can't wait to see the final pics on location.

Comment

Looks like you are one short

Comment

That's pretty cool I may have to try one for my next blind I really like the hexagon shape

Comment

Looks like you've done your homework. Post field pics when you get a chance. Good well done!

Comment

Build baby build.

Comment

more pics

A few more construction pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Those are some sweet blinds

Comment

Those look great!

Comment

Been doing the same thing but with gun blinds. It's a lot of work! Great job

Comment

It is a lot of work especially in record heat. My feed dealer was by the other day and said he could sell a bunch, asked if I would make them. I said he couldn't pay me enough!!

Comment

Nicely done Bodey. I hope you have some strong backs. With that hardie board they will prob weigh a ton but will last forever.

Comment

How much to make a couple for me????

Comment

Looks good! What's the roof made of?

Comment

What are the dimensions?

Comment

Working...
                              X