No announcement yet.

Anxiety help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and the guy pushing the miracle Tylenol cure, just must have some weird reaction to Tylenol. Ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauler View Post
      Like a lot of other guys said, get out and exercise, or just get out and do something. Just getting outside and moving around helps

Focus on one think at a time one day at a time

The worse thing you can do is nothing. You’ve got to dust yourself off and get it done, one piece at a time and one day at a time.

Don’t depend on medicine to fix it. It may help and it may not. There are people in the world who love you and will help you. But you have to communicate with them and help them help you.

I have anxiety all the time. I just force myself to push thru it. People in life have pushed for me and every time I get overwhelmed I remember it and it inspires me to push for myself.
      I noticed I was getting anxiety attacks when I was incredibly hungry or when my body felt overly uncomfortable, and I was having very self-degrading feelings about it for a while (“wow, you can't even get hungry like a regular person?”) But, as I practise being more compassionate and forgiving of myself, I've come to understand that my body's request to take good care of it isn't so unreasonable.

Alternatively, I do something very close to this, except it is dependent on your senses. Begin by naming five objects you can see, four you can touch, three you can hear, two you can smell, and one you can taste. The same rationale helps me relax and divert my mind away from the root of my anxiety.

Comment

Recognizing is step one - Now you just have to train the mind to re-focus. Exercise is great, but anything that occupies the mind space that you can really focus on is what I would recommend.

I think the movement is a great idea for most everything, but the concentration and focus on the movement/activity is what will help ease the mind.

All just my opinion. Do something that causes you to focus on the movement/end game/ goal.

Take care - plenty of folks to reach out to.

Comment

I will put it in an order that has helped me through a few life changing situations to manage anxiety... God first, learn and take the time to let him speak to you! Exercise/workout, it can help and reduce stress/anxiety. Last but not least, and I know how a lot of people on this site frown down on people who are pro marijuana but it honestly helped me get through a very tough part of my life. I do not do it now, unfortunately because of my job however it blows my mind how many people consider this a gateway/horrible drug. A lot of people are still convinced and brainwashed by the myths that were created many years ago in regard to it!

Comment

Working...
          X