Anxiety help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
    Tylenol is horrible for you. He didnt say he was suicidal just he had anxiety. Be careful with the SSRI inhibitors. Thats what they try to push and they can really screw you up.
    Gospel truth

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      Sorry guys for not responding, I didn’t expect this kind of response ! I am trying to bare through this. I have been looking for employment. I have always been afraid ( very high anxiety of talking in front of a group). I am 58 and have only had three jobs in my life, none of which I needed an interview or even a resume. And now that I am all worked up, over my identity theft and unemployment not paying its hard to concentrate on any thing except that. I don’t think I have the ability to take on the responsibilities or work load that I did. I have lost my self confidence for sure. To make it worse the wages seem to have really fallen in the HVAC field here, so now I am going to have to try and make it on far less income. Some how I have to get over this being terrified of going to an interview as I hope one will be offered shortly. I thank all you guys for your concern, even in someone you never met. THANK YOU !
      I do have a great wife and family and a friend right now that has been a God send. I do exercise regularly, I hike with my dog daily 10-15 miles, shoot my bow to “ focus” my mind on something else. Sense you guys are so helpful and many are business owners and such. When talking or interviewing with some one about a job, I feel compelled to tell them of my situation and have asked for an apprentice position rather then a lead man. I feel my mind can’t be as acute as it once was, but figure once I get back in the swing of things hopefully that will change. It seems as though they are kinda apprehensive to hire, knowing what I am going through.
      Ps I seriously don’t drink alcohol, even beer or do any other drugs.
      You're very much alive and have reached out for help, that's a huge step.
      I struggle with panic and anxiety and having a fear of failure is the culprit. If you're in to HVAC Texas is the place to be, and if that's a relocation situation it may be another huge step in recovery.
      When you realize that you can get it done your sails are set. At 58 years of age time starts to trickle down, accept that and continue on.
      You can get it done. Reaching out is huge and don't forget it.

Comment

As many have mentioned you’re not alone. I’ve had for years and mostly it was due to stress with my company. That company eventually failed and it got worse. A lot of it is mental but that’s very hard to control.... I was on meds for years probably since 2014-2015..... Those beds made a huge difference but made me very I motivated and I wanted to sleep al the time. This past year I decided to wean myself off of them and it was great for awhile.. Got my energy and spunk back but over time the anxiety has crept back up on me unfortunately... Bedtime and trying to sleep have been my biggest issues this round as my mind goes crazy when I lay down to sleep! I hate taking meds and being dependent on something like this but God made modern medicine for a reason...

I had a hunter with me a few weeks ago that struggles with these same issues. Has been in some really dark places like you speak of. He too was resistant to taking meds and was on and off of them for several years which is really dangerous and can cause worse issues. Some folks have mentioned that there’s a genetic test they can run to suggest what best for your body to metabolize and address your issues with less side effects. Check out genesite.com and ask your doctor about it. It helped him get the right meds for his body and has helped him tremendously. I’m requesting one from my doctor on Monday just to insure we are approaching my situation approximately.

As everyone has mentioned about it’s also about staying busy, keep you mind on something and stay focused. Mine is way worse when I have nothing going on and nothing working. Now I have too **** many irons in the fire again but it’s helping.... I’m not a big exercise guy but that’s going to change soon, I do drink but not as much as I did in the past and we are working on changing our diet... It’s not easy but as you see from the responses on this thread there are a lot of people that struggle with this as well from all walks of life! Hang in there and please let us know if you need anything or someone to talk to! It will get better with time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
          As many have mentioned you’re not alone. I’ve had for years and mostly it was due to stress with my company. That company eventually failed and it got worse. A lot of it is mental but that’s very hard to control.... I was on meds for years probably since 2014-2015..... Those beds made a huge difference but made me very I motivated and I wanted to sleep al the time. This past year I decided to wean myself off of them and it was great for awhile.. Got my energy and spunk back but over time the anxiety has crept back up on me unfortunately... Bedtime and trying to sleep have been my biggest issues this round as my mind goes crazy when I lay down to sleep! I hate taking meds and being dependent on something like this but God made modern medicine for a reason...

I had a hunter with me a few weeks ago that struggles with these same issues. Has been in some really dark places like you speak of. He too was resistant to taking meds and was on and off of them for several years which is really dangerous and can cause worse issues. Some folks have mentioned that there’s a genetic test they can run to suggest what best for your body to metabolize and address your issues with less side effects. Check out genesite.com and ask your doctor about it. It helped him get the right meds for his body and has helped him tremendously. I’m requesting one from my doctor on Monday just to insure we are approaching my situation approximately.

As everyone has mentioned about it’s also about staying busy, keep you mind on something and stay focused. Mine is way worse when I have nothing going on and nothing working. Now I have too **** many irons in the fire again but it’s helping.... I’m not a big exercise guy but that’s going to change soon, I do drink but not as much as I did in the past and we are working on changing our diet... It’s not easy but as you see from the responses on this thread there are a lot of people that struggle with this as well from all walks of life! Hang in there and please let us know if you need anything or someone to talk to! It will get better with time.
          [ATTACH]1041258[/ATTACH]

I looked up genesite.com, but only see some kind of DNA synthesis thing ( machine) What kind of test are you asking your doctor to do ? If it’s in the attachment above, it won’t open for me . Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
            Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. No meds and most folks only need 2 or 3 sessions to get relief. It works!

Edit: Prayer, bible reading and exercise increase the results tremendously.
            Going to ask doctor about this, I never heard of it. Kaiser insurance, so iam sure he won’t know what I am asking. Thank you

Comment

Yes. There is one thing that helps mine tremendously. None of the terrible side effects that the pills have. Unfortunately the good people of Texas think it frys your brain so it's illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                Yes. There is one thing that helps mine tremendously. None of the terrible side effects that the pills have. Unfortunately the good people of Texas think it frys your brain so it's illegal.
                I have smoked weed in my younger days, but it ALWAYS made me extremely paranoid so I didn’t smoke it often, am very reluctant to even try it again.

Comment

I have smoked weed in my younger days, but it ALWAYS made me extremely paranoid so I didn’t smoke it often, am very reluctant to even try it again. I wish that I could smoke it as my son manages a “ shop” here. But I am way to skeptical to consider it, because if I got paranoid on top of this, holy crap .

Comment

Can’t believe that myth is still alive in this era of information...yet it is.

Comment

I get anxiety and praying, family and getting busy doing something you enjoyed helped me all the time, when it hits u the hardest just remember God will help win this battle bud, stay positive and move forward so this will pass ! / Praying for you....

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        I looked up genesite.com, but only see some kind of DNA synthesis thing ( machine) What kind of test are you asking your doctor to do ? If it’s in the attachment above, it won’t open for me . Thank you !

Sorry I’m just seeing this. I’m not on TBH much anymore. It is indeed a gene test that will tell you or give the best options for your body to best metabolize to address your issues. It won’t tell you what to take but rather give you the best options for your generic make up for best results and the least amounts of side effects

Comment

Just from the outside, it seems the anxiety is situational and not clinical. I’m assuming that you were o k before these triggering events occurred in your life. If it’s a chemical imbalance it can be treated with drugs, among other things talked about in previous post.
                          I’ve never experienced long lasting anxiety but have had short term at times. I liked what Sika said regarding control. We all think we’re in control until we’re not. Then we realize it. Control those things that you can, thoughts, words, and actions. Then commit them to God. I’m actually listening to Charles Stanley right now and he’s preaching about “peace”.
                          Peace is a gift of God that comes through the presence of Christ.
                          Believe God is in control. Believe His offer of peace is real and not live by feelings. Fully surrender your mind, wil, and emotion to Christ.
                          Will you still have trouble, fear, problems? Yes. But you’ll respond differently to the circumstances in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Just from the outside, it seems the anxiety is situational and not clinical. I’m assuming that you were o k before these triggering events occurred in your life. If it’s a chemical imbalance it can be treated with drugs, among other things talked about in previous post.
                            I’ve never experienced long lasting anxiety but have had short term at times. I liked what Sika said regarding control. We all think we’re in control until we’re not. Then we realize it. Control those things that you can, thoughts, words, and actions. Then commit them to God. I’m actually listening to Charles Stanley right now and he’s preaching about “peace”.
                            Peace is a gift of God that comes through the presence of Christ.
                            Believe God is in control. Believe His offer of peace is real and not live by feelings. Fully surrender your mind, wil, and emotion to Christ.
                            Will you still have trouble, fear, problems? Yes. But you’ll respond differently to the circumstances in your life.

[emoji1303][emoji1317]

Comment

Exercise. Last thing you want to do is try to drink your way thru it. Ask me how I know.
                              Meds do work for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Anxiety is a normal state that everyone experiences from time to time depending on what life throws at you. Now there are some people that I truly do believe inherit, call it a chemical imbalance or whatever, but some folks do find help with medication. Anxiety stemmed from mental illness. If you fall in that category. Medication can help. If it's just life, then exercise, and find a good therapist. Some of the drugs have terrible side effects. Some are life savers. Finding the right medication is just trial and error, and is no fun. There are way to many people on meds that shouldn't be. That's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X